HELP! Gamecube Memory Card stuck in Wii

Spiraea

WiiChat Member
Nov 29, 2006
Wii Online Code
6190-8629-4704-5295
So I was just playing Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones on the Wii just to see how the functionaly for the Gamecube games was. Well it worked fine but now I can't get my Gamecube memory card out of the slot! It'll come out just enough to where the Wii can't read the data but it won't come out all the way! I thought maybe there was a lock in it and I looked for a release button around the slots but there is none.

Please help! I don't want to risk harming the Wii and I don't want to ruin my Gamecube data.

Damn. Well I had originally put in Slot B (didn't know which slot was what) and I figured the game would try to read from Slot A so I took it out of Slot B (with no problem) and put in Slot A. After a quick few minutes of playing, I was going to take it out and well, you know :(

If it comes out just enough where Wii can't read the data I would think that it's safe enough to try and yank it out without causing any harm because it's probably not hooked up to any hardware below. It's probably getting caught on the sides. That's just a thought though, don't hold me responsible ;)

WiiLink said:
If it comes out just enough where Wii can't read the data I would think that it's safe enough to try and yank it out without causing any harm because it's probably not hooked up to any hardware below. It's probably getting caught on the sides. That's just a thought though, don't hold me responsible ;)

Tried that actually. I yanked and I tugged and I've wiggled and I strained lol but no go. I thought maybe it was the same thing about getting caught on the sides so I tried to squeeze the card some to maybe get it out but still nothing. I emailed Nintendo about it and said it'd be 5-6 days before I get a response. It's no big deal at the moment, I guess. I just don't like have the card sticking out like that. It takes away from the sleekness of the system by the TV lol.

Spiraea said:
Tried that actually. I yanked and I tugged and I've wiggled and I strained lol but no go. I thought maybe it was the same thing about getting caught on the sides so I tried to squeeze the card some to maybe get it out but still nothing. I emailed Nintendo about it and said it'd be 5-6 days before I get a response. It's no big deal at the moment, I guess. I just don't like have the card sticking out like that. It takes away from the sleekness of the system by the TV lol.

Could always try to butter it up :)

If it does bother you after a while, I'd just call them. You might have to wait on hold for 20 minutes or so but they might have a quick fix. As Mitch said, someone else had the same problem so I'm sure they know about it. I wouldn't mind waiting the 5-6 days. The only thing that would bother me is leaving the lid open to collect dust.

WiiLink said:
Could always try to butter it up :)

If it does bother you after a while, I'd just call them. You might have to wait on hold for 20 minutes or so but they might have a quick fix. As Mitch said, someone else had the same problem so I'm sure they know about it. I wouldn't mind waiting the 5-6 days. The only thing that would bother me is leaving the lid open to collect dust.

lol don't think butter didn't cross my mind :p It's fine for now tho. The collecting dust would be bugging me but I don't think it'll collect too much where I have the Wii positioned by the TV. So I shall just wait and see what Nintendo comes up with.

yo you maybe made a stupid mistake no offence but you probably put it in the wrong way!!!

dja11101995 said:
yo you maybe made a stupid mistake no offence but you probably put it in the wrong way!!!

I don't believe that's even possible so no. Even if it was, I'm pretty sure the Wii would not read the data and it does.

push it back in all the way (don't force it)

and then try and pull it out evenly

good luck, that's a strange problem

Use a hyperbolic laser on it for 20-30 seconds, then hit it with the transactor beam for another minute or so. Grab some tongs, as it will be extremely cold, and grip it with both hands. Give the system a good intimidating shout, then PULL as hard as you can. It oughtta let loose with the memory card.
If it's still stuck, try dipping the system in a shallow pan of liquefied plasma extract, then quickly throwing it out the window.
GUARANTEED to work. Trust me, I do this all the time.

Transfixed said:
Use a hyperbolic laser on it for 20-30 seconds, then hit it with the transactor beam for another minute or so. Grab some tongs, as it will be extremely cold, and grip it with both hands. Give the system a good intimidating shout, then PULL as hard as you can. It oughtta let loose with the memory card.
If it's still stuck, try dipping the system in a shallow pan of liquefied plasma extract, then quickly throwing it out the window.
GUARANTEED to work. Trust me, I do this all the time.

Sarcasm noted. Thank you.:crazy:

I think he is bluffing to stir up a discussion. The only way the memory card would get stuck is if he either jammed something else in there with it or glued it in.

csiguy4u said:
I think he is bluffing to stir up a discussion. The only way the memory card would get stuck is if he either jammed something else in there with it or glued it in.

wtf?! Why in the hell would I be bluffing? I've been an active member of this board since I joined and I haven't done anything that would label me as someone to bluff to start a discussion. This has actually happened to me and no I did not jam something in it or glue it in. This has happened to someone else on this board as mentioned and via a quick google search, it's happened to someone over on the IGN boards also.

http://boards.ign.com/wii_sports/b10567/131582248/p1/

Back