Help! I think I bricked my Wii! D:

Taerilyn

WiiChat Member
Jan 28, 2012
Montreal, QC
OH THE HORROR.

I've had nothing but trouble from day one with this thing.

Y'see, I'm broke so I bought a wii second hand. Bad move number one. I got it, it worked with older games and gamecube, but refused to update (error 32004). I read up and folks said it was probably hacked and to use something to remove all tickets and titles. Me being a giant moron, I did this and...uninstalled almost all of the wii's IOS files. Now, it won't even load GC games, mii/weather/shop/news/ANY channels.

Is there anything I can do? I can't get any homebrew fix junk to work and I'm lost. I can't afford a new wii, and as I hear it new ones don't play GC games.

/cry

I LOL'd hard! Sorry dude but me knowing much about all this softmod stuff.
Number one rule is NEVER delete any IOS's if you don't know wtf you are doing.

With that I conclude this comment because anything relating to Wii Homebrew isn't supported here on Wiichat. Soo sorry :yesnod:

So... The folks who sold it to you didn't tell you it was hacked? That's dirty. >=/ Unless it was their intention to stick you with a modded Wii ready to break, you should definitely pursue a refund.

Anyways, Wiichat isn't exactly filled with hackers since we forbid moddery and the like, so... Not to leave you high and dry (I'd help if I had any idea how), but you best keep searching other forums.

Haha gotcha, thanks guys. I think I mistook this forum for another one with a similar layout ^^ *headdesk*

Back