help? i think?

Brownies

\\Slash Bros.//
Jul 25, 2007
Canada
Wii Online Code
2970-3563-4519-6293
hey, i just bought a new tv after the update and its an lcd wide screen 32'' and like idk but i havent played after the update and now with my new tv i find that the hand on the wii is a bit laggy for example if i run my curser down the screen my remote would get there b4 the hand instead of @ the same time u kno what i mean??? what could be the problem?? is it the update or is it my tv or my wii or what?

im thinkin it could be cuz the new tv i got is LCD and they have response times so could it have anything to do with that?

It's becuase the tv is LCD. On your tv settings make the display a little smaller. It's probably set at widescreen.

WiiBad said:
Did you set your Wii to 480p in Wii Settings?

the tv i got is 720p mabe i should set it @ that ill try now 1 min

it wont let me change it to 480p for some reason i dont kno why

sherwood3570 said:
It's becuase the tv is LCD. On your tv settings make the display a little smaller. It's probably set at widescreen.

i bought i wide screen so i set my options to widescreen =/

Last edited:
I don't think it matters if your tv is set up to 720p and there is no reason for your Wii not to let you set to 480p.

Last edited:
WiiBad said:
I don't think it matters if your tv is set up to 720p as long as your Wii is set on 480p. There is no reason for it not to let you set it to 480p.

well i go into the settings then tv reselution and its on stanterd tv 480i and he 480p is darkened and i cant click on this any 1 else know why my curser is abit laggy to the movment of my wiimote

Okay, maybe you do need to set your tv resolution. Check out the user manual, it should tell you how to do this. If your tv was sending the proper signal to your Wii it should allow you to set to 480p. You do have component cables right?

WiiBad said:
Okay, maybe you do need to set your tv resolution. Check out the user manual, it should tell you how to do this. If your tv was sending the proper signal to your Wii it should allow you to set to 480p. You do have component cables right?

ohh dude my bad let me try changing my tv settings i thought u ment change my wii settings. but why would i change it to 480p isnt 720 better?

im lookin through my tv menu and i cant see a place to change the reselution

Last edited:
k but i cant find where u go to change it??? is it even possible to lower it and if so where do i go???

It may not be possible, but if so it would be in your manual for the tv. Having it set to 720p shouldn't be the problem, but what puzzles me is the fact that your Wii doesn't let you change the setting to 480p. As long as you have component cables and a tv cable of displaying 480p it should let you. I JUST THOUGHT OF SOMETHING...MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE CABLES ON THE BACK OF YOUR TV CONNECTED TO THE PROPER SOCKETS, I HAD TO PLAY WITH MINE A BIT.

idk its wired im not into this stuff but my new tv did come with a wire im not useing could that have anything to do with it lol anyways i do find it extremly gay that i have 720p screen and i cant even set my wii too 480p... I NEED TECH HELP!!! lol

Can you find out what the wire goes to or what it's called? And for example on the component cables, make sure the red and orange colors aren't mixed, etc. Maybe give Nintendo a call tommorrow, they probably wouldn't mind helping you with this.

Last edited:
Brownies said:
well i go into the settings then tv reselution and its on stanterd tv 480i and he 480p is darkened and i cant click on this any 1 else know why my curser is abit laggy to the movment of my wiimote

You need the high definition component cables before you can select the 480p.

Back