help in setting up wii to older tv

mttoolguy

WiiChat Member
Jan 1, 2010
ohio
I need some help. I am an old man how has little knowledge of electronics. We just purchased a Wii and was trying to connect to a older tv. The tv does have a HD converter box , which has the three ports for the Wii cables ( white, yellow, red). I connected the Wii to the converter, then the converter is connected to the tv. I still don't have the main menu screen from the Wii. Man am I confused. Please help.
Thanks...Mike:burgerking:

you dont get the main menu screen yet you have to go through the set up process first

I didn't hook my Wii up to the cable box, I used the other input ports. Most older TV's have at least two of these, one IN and one OUT on the back, and one IN on the front. I hooked my Wii up to the one on the front of the TV (easier to unhook if moving the system). To access the Wii I have to get my TV remote and press the "TV/Video" button which makes it go from TV (watching cable) to Video1 (nothing) then Video2 (the Wii).

Another thing that might work is try switching your yellow and white cords around. My boyfriend had me freaking out last week when he insisted that the Wii magically stopped working when he tried to move it to the other room, when really he just put the yellow plug in the white port ;p

Also make sure the light on the front of your Wii is on. If it's red, the Wii is off and you won't see any menus, it should be green.

Hope that helped some.

Back