Help Me! I Suck Poop!

Backwards Man

WiiChat Member
Dec 9, 2006
At this game! I don't seem to be getting better but worse.....Even worse than that I am getting beat by first time players.

Who is the best Captain to have? I was going with Yoshi, but just switched over to Daisey.
What is the best sidekick combo to have?
What is your general strategy? Do you make tons of passes then one time it home....or do you go for the open field and do skill shots and mega strikes?

Please help me...before I through this game out!

Backwards Man said:
At this game! I don't seem to be getting better but worse.....Even worse than that I am getting beat by first time players.

Who is the best Captain to have? I was going with Yoshi, but just switched over to Daisey.
What is the best sidekick combo to have?
What is your general strategy? Do you make tons of passes then one time it home....or do you go for the open field and do skill shots and mega strikes?

Please help me...before I through this game out!
Personally i love DK because of his ground smashing special which clears alot of the field so i can get an easy Megastrike. You just of to see what fits you. I like some powerful shooters and some fast guys like toad. Get a toad in the back with a hammer bro and birdo up front, great combo. Also you just got to do some 1 2's and keep the keeper moving then shoot at the right time. Also it never hurts to do Megastrikes, quick goals and lots of them to.
Hopes this helps

I think Waluigi is the best to start out with, his Wall-Luigi skill is really useful and it gets you thinking strategically (Walling yourself in, or the opponent out) plus he's fast as all get out!

I use Diddy mostly now (until I unlock petey! ...some time next year...) so you can see I prefer fast characters, I guess you have to find some one who matches your attitude! :)

Sidekick wise, I like Birdo, Dry Bones, and Hammer Bros. I switch their positions around alot, but they're all pretty good shooters. If you really can't get goals try getting good with HB's deke, you can usually knock out 2 to 3 other players then get an uninterupted skillshot that takes out kritter.

Also, I notice alot of people online "overuse" their captains. Don't. Most of us are really, really good at blocking megastrikes. Get good with your dekes, normal shots and skill shots on sidekicks. Also learn to use lob passes (Hold Z and hit A) and chain passes together. Lobpasses are alot harder to intercept and if shoot from a lobpass there seems to be a better chance of getting a goal. The most common way of intercepting lob passes is for the opposing player to tackle you before you can catch the ball, but that nets you a powerup so it's win/win!

Also when playing the computer, remember it's *really* bad at blocking megastrikes, so you don't need to get a perfect 6/orange. Hit an easy 4/green and you'll usually get 2 goals.

A couple of weeks agpo i rented Mario Strikers Charged Foot Ball (Au) and i thought it was all right, and like all games it becomes quite hard quite fast.

First time i played Wifi i sucked balls, 'scuse the pun and second time arond on Wifi i was pretty good.

I'm horrible at it. But I have been improving. I went through the lessons a second time to get the hang of the buttons easier. Eventhough it sounds stupid, it actually helped me out it like implanted the buttons in my brain. Goodluck to ya. Add me we'll have a noobfest sometime. (506912 874641)

Wii-Fi said:
i'll play you i'm not sure what my friend code is though:sad:
When you go to add a friend, your code is up top. (Dont worry I was looking all over for it too..its in really small font)

I am not good either. I think I am now 0-6 online... One loss came from disconnect!!! I was up 1-0 with less than one min left!!! So I may get a win soon... hehe... I think I am getting better against the computer. The lessons did help me too. But even though I am not winning agianst people yet... It is still a fun game. I will get better as I get use to it. I am new to this type of nintendo play...

i use waluigi hes got fast movement and good defence although his passing kinda sucks.

i used yoshi in the begining because he was equal pretty much on everything but i felt he wasnt that powerful (shame i love yoshi!).

then for the little field set up of balance and power and whatnot, i went with bones and 2 shy guys.

im kicking my boyfriends ass thats for sure! lol.

as long as you get someone with semi good speed and better defense, youll be unstopable!

I like Mario, balanced with a good conversion on aerial shots which I use a lot. As for side kicks I like Birdos big tackle + excellant shooting + good dodge, Hammer Bros strong aerial shooting + good dodge, Koopa usefull skill shot + adds a little bit of speed + good ground shooting.

My team works as I was number 9 in Australia/NZ :D. We all start off a n00b so I suggest you re-take the tutorials, make sure you charge the ball before you shoot and don't skill shot/mega strike unless you have a large area between you and your opponent. Hope you get better soon :thumbsup:!

I like having DK up front, dry bones in the back, and toads on both sides. The speed of toad lets me keep people from using skillshots or megastrikes, and DK's power and dry bone's defense skills do the rest. I rarely ever let my opponent get even one skillshot off, while i can score with a toad skillshot from pretty far outside the box.

Back