help me pick a new car

CCScandalus

WiiChat Member
May 2, 2007
Mississippi
so i'm considering getting a new car soon. i want an SUV, but decent gas mileage because i drive a good bit. i've driven a honda civic for the past 4 or 5 years that is now paid off. i like it, but i want a big car. i'm not really that worried about the cost right now, if what i really want is expensive, i'll just wait for a while then get it. well... these are my top two choices right now...

the VW Touareg 2... probably in a champagne color
screen_Touareg_035_1024x768.jpg

th_screen_Touareg_027_1024x768.jpg

or the Jeep Patriot... probably this color
2007jeep.patriot2.jpg

any more suggestions? comments?

honda fit ftw

my bf has one, loves it because it gets great gas milage (38MPG) and its a great commuter car to get from suffolk county long island to NYC every day (120 miles back and forth for 5 days a week) hes had the car for a year and has 40,000 miles on it.

me i drive a jeep cheoroke but its on the verge of dying. my friend has a nissan altima for sale fully loaded for 5000$. its a 2003 with i think 83,000 miles on it because it was driven from NY to california 4 times

most arent even old enough to drive :sick:

oh if you want an SUV because im braindead and didnt read your posts, nissan xterra <33 i fell inlove with that truck. my bf before he got the honda fit, had a supercharged on. it was the most beautiful truck i ever saw. i have great memories in that baby....sigh...i miss it....stupid honda fit!

paintba||er said:
You are going to take advice on a car from people on a Wii forum? :eek:ut:

well, i'm gonna get what I decide on... just thought somebody might come up with something i haven't thought of.

TLC, x-terra's are pretty sweet... that was my dream car when i was like 15 and they first came out. hmmm... something to think about

CCScandalus said:
well, i'm gonna get what I decide on... just thought somebody might come up with something i haven't thought of.

TLC, x-terra's are pretty sweet... that was my dream car when i was like 15 and they first came out. hmmm... something to think about

he had a 2004 i believe? it was the most gorgeous truck ive ever seen. he had the PIA lights in the front with the guard rail (for city driving its a must!), roof rack (not the tacky one a really awesome one with a lock on it for gun storage), neopreane seat covers in the driver, passanger and back seats. cargo net in teh back, sirius satalite radio

UGH I MISS IT SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't recommend a VW anyday...Unless it was one of those neat eurovans or an old bug.

Honda makes awesome vehicles...But I recommend a Subaru Forester. Up to 28 MPG, all wheel drive, long lasting, rust free, power, and room. A lot of people think Subaru's are ugly. My mom bought the car that I drive new in 98'. It now has 252,000 miles and running strong. We've only had to do all the normal care procedures. We also have a 99', and a 2005 forester.

Nissans are good vehicles too. I have a 97' Pathfinder, strictly a outdoors vehicle though.

If you want some good gas milage, go for the Toyota Prius.

My family has one. It averages about 40-50 MPG.

It's a hybrid, so you can drive at slow speeds and use the electric motor, not wasting gas, until you run out of power on the electric motor. Then it'll charge up while you use gas.

It's a comfy ride. Pretty quiet too.

But it's got a smaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall steering wheel compared to my '96 Toyota Corolla.... That I can' drive yet because I don't have my license... At 17 years old....

Avaaaaaaaast!

Trulen said:

It's a hybrid, so you can drive at slow speeds and use the electric motor, not wasting gas, until you run out of power on the electric motor. Then it'll charge up while you use gas.

But it's got a smaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall steering wheel compared to my '96 Toyota Corolla.... That I can' drive yet because I don't have my license... At 17 years old....

Avaaaaaaaast!

He wants a SUV.

Trulen said:

Avaaaaaaaast!
Why don't you have a license yet?

I say neither one of them. VW will be expensive to fix and the Jeep won't be very reliable.

But if I only have a choice between those two, I will say a Jeep since it will be more fun to drive.

For me personally and if I have the money, I will go for a Toyota Highlander or Toyota RAV4.

Toyota RAV4 used to be known as a female car. Toyota try to break that by re-designing it. That's why it looks completely different now.

Toyota RAV4 gets really good gas mileage and it's cheap compared to other SUVs they have.

Toyota Highlander also have a hybrid model but of course it cost more and the batteries are not cheap to replace since you have to replace it every 3 to 5 years.

If you want to go off roading, I will go for the Toyota 4Runner and Toyota FJ Cruiser.

http://www.toyota.com/rav4/index.html?s_van=GM_TN_RAV4_INDEX
http://www.toyota.com/highlander/index.html?s_van=GM_TN_HIGHLANDER_INDEX
http://www.toyota.com/fjcruiser/index.html?s_van=GM_TN_FJ_INDEX
http://www.toyota.com/4runner/index.html?s_van=GM_TN_4RUNNER_INDEX

Hm...check out any subaru's? I'm pretty sure they do well.

If you're in the market for smaller suv's (I assume so, since you linked the patriot) the ford escape? or um..... I read that daimler announced lifetime powertrain warranty, powertrain, non transferable, every 5 year inspection at registered dealer. If you put a lot of miles on your car (dayum jill, 40,000?) looking into one of those would be good. (like that jeep)

also, for further effect

Jill said:
I am braindead
:lol:

lol loose that is true you are braindead

amd brawny dont think just cause we havnt talked in like 2 weeks that you won the fight

oh YEAH THE FIGHT IS STILL ON

for some reason i keep looking at the scion suv, wishing it wouldn't look so goofy. it reminds me of a honda element... my roommate a year or two ago had an element, and it was awesome. i still think they look funny, though.

but yall are giving good suggestions... i'll have to look into subaru and toyota more.

i don't want a HUGE suv... mid-size to compact is what i'm looking for. hybrid would be great. the hippie side of me says to kill the suv, but my greedy side says screw it. so i'll compromise at a good gas-mileage suv.

Back