Help me wiichat members! Advice needed!

Foxy

Super Ninjarator
Apr 4, 2007
Wii Online Code
3881-9484-9041-5848
Right so, I am confused.

My sister wants a laptop, so my mom has said that if I give my current laptop to my sister I will get £350 off her for christmas.

So all in all by march next year I will have £700-800.

Now, if I give my sister my laptop I will seriously need a new one. So an option is that next march I get a mac book (3 months without laptop, but get a macbook in the end) and I will have either £100 or 0 left.

Or I could just get a normal little £350 vista running laptop on christmas day.

If I get the normal little vista running laptop however I will £300+ by next march. Should I just get some wii games and little things or what I have been considering is should I get a 360 core for £169. I dont need anymore then 30gb memory and I will get only a few games for it and will play some live.

Now my question is what should I do?

I think I might be able to get my mom into letting me have a 360. This gen I wasnt aloud more then one so I just got the wii but now I am seriously in need of some 360 gaming...

Conundrums...

So, what should I do?

Wow. what a predicament...

I'd say you should get the vista laptop and then get some wii games or a 360.

I would get an Xbox 360 along with a couple new releases + xbox live if you really enjoy the games the console has to offer.

I have been told that the core version can;t support live.

Is this true?

Cpt.McCloud said:
Right so, I am confused.

My sister wants a laptop, so my mom has said that if I give my current laptop to my sister I will get £350 off her for christmas.

So all in all by march next year I will have £700-800.

Now, if I give my sister my laptop I will seriously need a new one. So an option is that next march I get a mac book (3 months without laptop, but get a macbook in the end) and I will have either £100 or 0 left.

Or I could just get a normal little £350 vista running laptop on christmas day.

If I get the normal little vista running laptop however I will £300+ by next march. Should I just get some wii games and little things or what I have been considering is should I get a 360 core for £169. I dont need anymore then 30gb memory and I will get only a few games for it and will play some live.

Now my question is what should I do?

I think I might be able to get my mom into letting me have a 360. This gen I wasnt aloud more then one so I just got the wii but now I am seriously in need of some 360 gaming...

Conundrums...

So, what should I do?
Hmm....what kind of laptop do you have?

LoVeWiI said:
Hmm....what kind of laptop do you have?

Advent 7109 running XP.

Cpt.McCloud said:
I have been told that the core version can;t support live.

Is this true?

Not at all. Both the Xbox 360 Core and Premium systems can support Xbox Live.

Syntax said:
Not at all. Both the Xbox 360 Core and Premium systems can support Xbox Live.

So to play basic live all I need is the console, a game and some membership?

I am interested in vista but I would prefer to wait for a SP2. But if I keep this laptop i will only get £100, not £350. If I get the 350 then'll Il spend that on a new laptop which is better then my current.

Last edited:
I am pretty sure that the Core system does not come with a hard-drive. Anyway, I would personally go for the new Laptop/MacBook, since it is more important to keep up with your studies and also because the Xbox 360 is known to "die" unexpectedly.
But overall, it is your decision, so be careful with your choice.

Byuakuya said:
I am pretty sure that the Core system does not come with a hard-drive. Anyway, I would personally go for the new Laptop/MacBook, since it is more important to keep up with your studies and also because the Xbox 360 is known to "die" unexpectedly.
But overall, it is your decision, so be careful with your choice.

What does the hd have to do with the xbox?

If I got a macbook then I wont have any money what so ever, but if I got the normal laptop i would probably be able to get a 360.

So basically your options are:
1. Pimped out comp, but you have to wait longer.
2. Decent comp sooner + other stuffs.

For me, it would depend how old I was. If I was going into college or older, I would buy the more expensive laptop. If I was not yet focusing on college, I would get a decent laptop to hold me over until I get a good one for college.

LevesqueIsKing said:
So basically your options are:
1. Pimped out comp, but you have to wait longer.
2. Decent comp sooner + other stuffs.

For me, it would depend how old I was. If I was going into college or older, I would buy the more expensive laptop. If I was not yet focusing on college, I would get a decent laptop to hold me over until I get a good one for college.

I am 13.

The only thing is, with the macbook I get the coolnes factor and some other things.

For me I would be fine with a normal laptop for a few years. I have like 2.7 years left in school before college, but I then plan on going into more further education in a university.

Ahh, the buying the premium with headset etc. might be better, but then I will not be able to get some wii games and 360 games...

Back