HELP! Nintendo Wii won't show warning or main menu

HMLover

WiiChat Member
Dec 28, 2009
England
I recently got a game from America and also Freeloader (European version and MY WII CONSOLE IS PAL VERSION) the imported game had an update on and my nintendo wii installed it and now won't go onto the warning you get when turning the wii on or go to the main menu its just a black screen and I can't hear any music or anything. The wii does turn on it has the green light on the power button and I can hear the console working (fans are moving etc) but when I put a game in the blue light doesn't come on either but I still can eject the game. The Console won't turn off with just one press of the power button I have to hold the button down for a few seconds for it to turn off or unplug it. I am sure it isn't one of the cables, I have made sure that they are all plugged in and I'm positive its the foreign update that has caused this problem.
Any ideas on what to do next?
Thanks in advanced.......

Sorry, do you mean broken? And is it fixable?
When they go wrong can they be reset to fix the problem? (like a computer?) I have been in touch with Nintendo and they are going to have a look at it, I will send it in the new year.

Last edited:
sounds like you updated with an NTSC game instead of a PAL game. Do some searches on the freeloader websites. you will find some answers. you're not completely euchred, but you did screw it up good.

search NTSC PAL update

Thought I had. It is not modded or anything, it had never been on the internet or updated from the original version 1.0 i think. Does having them chipped make them region free?

Last edited:
Back