Help ! No Sound !!

BLAZNx6iRL

WiiChat Member
Jan 11, 2010
Deep Dark Corner of my Mind
Wii Online Code
0237-7574-9129-8014
:frown5: Ok, ever since TV went Digital and requiring Converter Boxes I've been playing my Wii with no Sound. The sound is connected to the Stereo system which is connected to the TV sound. In order to get sound during Wii play I have to unhook wires from the back of the TV from the Converter box and other complicated stuff to get sound when I play my Wii. I know ... I know simple solution is to just buy a *NEW* TV that doesn't need a Converter box. But I'm not in a financial spot where I can easily afford a *NEW* TV.

My reason for this thread is to ask if anyone knows of a way I can get sound when I play my Wii without having to unplug wires and plug them back after I'm done. It's a hassle to do. Unplug wires to get sound during Wii play but then TV has no sound unless I put those wires back each time I play my Wii. Anyone else have this problem and found a solution ?? I'd like to play my Super Mario Bros. Wii without feeling like a deaf person playing Wii.

Well um my segestions are ...look at you're operation manual .Good luck.

I must of bought a cheap Converter box cuz the instructions were only one sheet of paper telling what plug goes where and the other side just had same instructions in Spanish. :frown5: Guess I better start saving my pocket change towards a *NEW* TV or get used to having no sound.*Sigh*

well you can check if is only in that tv, if that is not the case, then your av cable for the sound is mist up, or also your wii entry for the av is busted, ill try with different methods trying to use these things that i mentioned

well you can check if is only in that tv, if that is not the case, then your [COLOR=#FF4400 ! important][COLOR=#FF4400 ! important]av [COLOR=#FF4400 ! important]cable[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] for the sound is mist up, or also your wii entry for the av is busted, ill try with different methods trying to use these things that i mentione

A friend suggested I go buy something called a TV/AV/Cable 3-way Cable Splitter. *Look at link below for example*

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Video-S...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1278851797&sr=8-1

Apparently this is gonna let me be able to connect the TV, Converter Box, and Wii all together so I wouldn't have to go unplugging and replugging wires every time. I'm sure a Radio Shack, Best Buy, or other Electronics shop would have this. I'm gonna buy one and see if that is what's gonna solve my Sound issue.

We have a home theater system connected to our TV and DVD player. It is not connected to our Wii. When starting our Wii this morning we had no sound. After messing with the Wii for about a half hour I realized some time ago I had turned off the television's internal speakers. I turned them back on and all is well. If you are having a sound issue you might want to check your television's internal speaker settings.

Back