HELP! Old Games don't show on new LCD

akguy53

WiiChat Member
Nov 27, 2006
:mad: I just bought my son a new 19 inch widescreen LCD TV Monitor to use with his Wii. We have the Wii on the RCA cable inputs for the monitor of course. All the new Wii games work fine as does all the standard Wii menu items. The problem is with the games we downloaded from the Wii Shop. The only game you can play and see is Super Mario. Donkey Kong, Pinball, The old Zelda only show up as a black screen when you try to play them. You can hear the game going on and when you push the "home key" to get back to the Wii menu you can see the graphic of the game behind the Wii button choices for Close, Reset or Wii Home.

I have tried making all the adjustments on the TV for brightness, contrast etc and nothing helps. Any ideas?

Frustrated Dad.

I know this won't help your particular problem or isn't even a proper answer, but is there any way you can try a different kind of connection between your Wii and TV ?? Maybe the scart or something ??

Just in case, god forbid, the Wii isn't working properly. At least if you do get a picture with this method you nkow the Wii is OK and the Wii to TV connection needs attention.

Worth a try at least.

We had the Wii hooked up to a tube tv and my projection tv and it has no problem showing these games. It is connected with the rca cables, the only option available to hook the Wii up since there are no component cables yet available.

So the games work fine on another TV? If so, I'm stumped. Not sure what it could be.

If not, Ithe only thing I can suggest is deleting the games and re-downloading them or calling Nintendo. Incase you didn't know, if you delete the games off of the Wii, you can re-download them for free. It's worth a shot to try on one of those games.

Back