Help On Mario Kart...

TrueCity

NBA 2K10 Player
Apr 10, 2009
USA~Gerogia
Wii Online Code
3891-7003-8151-1597
Hey How do you de-felct a shell or something that is coming at you??
How do you hit it back I seen alot of people beat me and make me come in second everytime try to bump them behind me.

:eek: Ha ha I been doing that... OK so their inst OK Thank You.. I am guessing they were just throwing things back at it.

There are a couple of ways to defend yourself against red and green shells:

—Drag a shell or single banana behind you; as long as you aren't turning when the other shell hits, your shell or banana will shatter the incoming one. "Drag" in this sense requires holding down the button you'd use to throw an item, but not releasing the button.

—Drag the triple bananas behind you (in this case, "drag" means to hit the button once so that the three bananas are trailing behind you ready to be deployed).

—Drive with the triple green shells or the triple red shells spinning around you. This isn't foolproof, though, since the incoming shell might pass between two of your spinning shells if it hits at just the right time.

—Throw a banana, red shell, or green shell backwards right as the other shell is homing in on you. As long as that shell is directly behind you in a straight line, you can throw something backwards and the incoming shell might hit that.

i know 1 way to block blue shell too.. all you need is a mushroom, im guess one will work i had the 3 and just went nuts with it.. But when you hear the "ding ding ding" and the blue shell arches up to strike you, wait till its coming down on you and blast the mushroom, its already on its path to strike you so it wont readjust its route it will slam into the ground! hope that helps aswell

i know 1 way to block blue shell too.. all you need is a mushroom, im guess one will work i had the 3 and just went nuts with it.. But when you hear the "ding ding ding" and the blue shell arches up to strike you, wait till its coming down on you and blast the mushroom, its already on its path to strike you so it wont readjust its route it will slam into the ground! hope that helps aswell

!!!!:eek:!!!! I've never heard of this! Sounds like a great trick, but kind of hard. I'll have to try it. Thanks for the info JeremyGTS!

that actually takes at least 2 mushrooms or 1 gold 'shroom. sounds gay but yeah. the timing is hard to get at first as well but with practice it becomes an easy habit

Another way to do it is blocking the shell with the track itself. Go around a sharp corner.

!!!!:eek:!!!! I've never heard of this! Sounds like a great trick, but kind of hard. I'll have to try it. Thanks for the info JeremyGTS!

You can find demonstrations of escaping the blue shell on YouTube if you search for "MarioKart Wii blue shell" or something like that (don't put it in quotation marks).

The trick, of course, is having mushrooms when you're in first place. It's not impossible to get a mushroom when you're leading, but it is rare. (I got one the other day when playing on WFC; I was leading GBA Bowser Castle 3 by well over 45 seconds and for some reason it gave me a single mushroom. I wonder how it decides when to do this.) More likely you'd have had a mushroom prior to overtaking someone to take over first place and you just hadn't used it yet when the blue shell came at you.

You can find demonstrations of escaping the blue shell on YouTube if you search for "MarioKart Wii blue shell" or something like that (don't put it in quotation marks).

The trick, of course, is having mushrooms when you're in first place. It's not impossible to get a mushroom when you're leading, but it is rare. (I got one the other day when playing on WFC; I was leading GBA Bowser Castle 3 by well over 45 seconds and for some reason it gave me a single mushroom. I wonder how it decides when to do this.) More likely you'd have had a mushroom prior to overtaking someone to take over first place and you just hadn't used it yet when the blue shell came at you.

I fought my way up on the first lap of the first race, and managed to get the the three shells, got in first halfway around the 2nd lap didnt use them yet.. i heard the infamous "ding ding ding" and i just started pressin the button crazy haha and i missed it!

The Best Way to Avoid a blue shell is by staying in 3rd place, waiting for a triple mushroom and use at most 2 of your mushrooms to skip to 1st place,just be sure to save 1 for the shell....
1 more thing: Beware of lightning and Pow Blocks because they'll make you lose your mushroom(s)

i know 1 way to block blue shell too.. all you need is a mushroom, im guess one will work i had the 3 and just went nuts with it.. But when you hear the "ding ding ding" and the blue shell arches up to strike you, wait till its coming down on you and blast the mushroom, its already on its path to strike you so it wont readjust
its route it will slam into the ground! hope that helps aswell

You can also use this trick when you're going into a cannon and you don't need a mushroom

Back