Help please, Cant DL M content? no P.Controls

SensesFail

WiiChat Member
May 6, 2007
Ohio
i currently have no parental controls on my xbox (double checked) and after that recent update it keeps saying "this account isnt allowed to download content with this rating" or something along those lines. WTF MICROSOFT?! what did u do? lol

can someone please help me with this? i havent played my xbox since the update so i hope that it doesnt block M rated games too, cause all ive got is cod4/halo3. i think cod4 is rated M.. and i know halo is.

I've heared loads of people complain about this problem on other forums since the update, have you got a child account? Most of the people with this problem had a child account.

The answers people gave them was to just eithe rmake a new account or change it to an adult one.

ugh, i stupidly put my age as 17 wheni signed up, i wasnt thinking so yeah, i had to make a child account...****! so how do i change it to an adult one? i guess game demos arent really that big of a deal for me.. so if i cant change it ill deal.

I think it has something to do with the MSN adress you put in.

I had this problem when I was setting up my live account.. I put in my usual e-mail adress and through that it knew I was 17 so it asked for my parents permission and everything, but I went back, made a new account with Live and upped my date of birth so that I was over 18, then when I tried again it just thought I was 18 because of the Live account.

So if you make a new one, you should be able to go into your settings and change your msn account that is linked with live? Sorry if it doesn't work, but this was the case with me when I was setting up a live account.

Or.. if that doesn't work try changing your d.o.b on your MSN address, like go onto the website and change your details if you can, it might take about 15-30 minutes for it to go through mind, at least it did with me.

you need to input new credit card info in order to "graduate" your account to an adult account. since i changed from my parents CC to my CC when i turned 18 i need to use their card again to graduate my account and then change it back lol. but that should help you get M rated demos and crap like that

Mitch2025 said:
you need to input new credit card info in order to "graduate" your account to an adult account. since i changed from my parents CC to my CC when i turned 18 i need to use their card again to graduate my account and then change it back lol. but that should help you get M rated demos and crap like that

Err...this thread is a little bit obsolete cause his question as already answered, so If i change my Birthday to 1988 i can download rated M material from live?? Even if i am actually 14 cause i know my parents will give me consent for rated M games i mean they bought me gears =p

Curtain said:
Err...this thread is a little bit obsolete cause his question as already answered, so If i change my Birthday to 1988 i can download rated M material from live?? Even if i am actually 14 cause i know my parents will give me consent for rated M games i mean they bought me gears =p
that will not work. the ONLY way you can change child account settings (17 and under or 18 and older if you were under 18 when you made the account) is to go to the account "graduation" thing and update yor info with a diffrent credit card. however you can make a silver account and lie about your age but silver accounts dont get some of the demos and stuff that gold accounts get

Mitch2025 said:
that will not work. the ONLY way you can change child account settings (17 and under or 18 and older if you were under 18 when you made the account) is to go to the account "graduation" thing and update yor info with a diffrent credit card. however you can make a silver account and lie about your age but silver accounts dont get some of the demos and stuff that gold accounts get

Yea, i am making my gamertag, getting my 360, and all the stuff on the 15th =]]] Birthday!!!@$#@!$@! shift shift!!@!@!111
So i haven't actually made my gamertag yet so it doesn't know i changed it
[yea i am getting gold too]

then just make sure you dont make it a child account or else you may run into trouble when trying to upgrade to an adult account

**** this, it's not worth all the trouble just for a few demos. i never buy stuff off live anways, i wanted the map pack for halo but can i get that or does it have an M rating on it? it comes out tomarrow..

not sure about that. it seems pretty stupid to put an M rating on it though. guess we will have to wait and see

The moral here: you're always 107 when it comes to online stuff

Back