Help Please! Internet

WiiChat Member
Dec 2, 2006
please help me. I don't have a computer or the internet so what do I need to go online on my wii? When I try to connect it does connect to one person but he has it locked and I need a password. Someone please help me.

So theres no other way. I have to get dsl or something. I can't buy something that will search for a connection farther than the guy downstairs?

you could maybe ask him if you could use it and get the password from him. right now there arnt any online games for the Wii. the only thing you can do is add people to your buddie list and send eachother Mii's and messages and buy stuff off the virtual console

so you can't actually browse websites on the wii? The guy doesn't like me so I don't think he'd give me the password. What a router for?

28812850 said:
so you can't actually browse websites on the wii? The guy doesn't like me so I don't think he'd give me the password. What a router for?

It's called piggybacking and it's illegal - you will have to get your own Internet connection.

28812850 said:
they will release the browser soon but right now, no, you cant browse the net on the Wii.

Do you know when you'll be able to search the web, and why isn't everything out right now. Doesn't the news and weather channel come out later too? It just all doesn't make any sense to me.

28812850 said:
Do you know when you'll be able to search the web, and why isn't everything out right now. Doesn't the news and weather channel come out later too? It just all doesn't make any sense to me.

Here's a little something to help you make sense of things Click here.

Note: Shows release dates for those channels except the internet channel. Only says coming soon. Thats straight from nintendo.

As far as your internet problem goes, just like everyone else said you need to have some sort of internet access to get on. Its like trying to turn on your T.V. while the T.V. is unplugged.

28812850 said:

Gosh, but you seem so intelligent.

wow i finally got my intenet connection to work using a linksys wireless router and switching the channel to #1 now everything works great but what can i do now?

someone needs to make a sticky thread about changing linksys channels to 1, i've been noticing a lot of people getting errors 'cause of that

Back