Help please uk based regarding a japenese version

In the US version we can change the settings to English, Francais, or Espanol.
1. Maybe the Chinese console would have English as an option?
2. Would the power supply work in th UK?
3. I switched to Espanol and although the core wii menus were in Spanish, all of the text within the game was English.
4. Is it still that difficult to get one in the UK?

Arnaud said:
2. You can only play NTSC/J games with a japanese wii. At the moment that means japanese games in japanese only. However, with the launch of asian version wiis for Chinese new year (Mid feb 07), asian version games (compatible with japanese wii) will be released. Most of these games will feature english language.
There are alerady quite a few asian version gamecube games that are in english and work with the japanese wii.

interesting... :ihih: didn't know about this. could you please point me to the right direction? i'd like to buy one of those "asian version gamecube games that are in english and work with the japanese wii". i just came back to gaming when Wii was released and i'd like to play some gc games while waiting for upcoming wii releases.

thanks!!!

I will try to tell you as much as I can about these asian games…
These are GC games tailored for the asian market : usually games released in US, made compatible to JP/Asian systems and repackaged with a manual in local language (Korean in Korea).
That means that you will not find japan exclusive games in asian version : The “asian game” catalogue is usually a smaller version of the US catalogue.
But they’re in English, and they’re compatible with my Japanese system, and that’s all I care about !

After a quick look at the Internet, it looks like they are hard to come by on the net. This is probably due to the availibility of a freeloader for GC (who would care to buy an Asian version game in english when they can play the US version directly on their japanese GC thanks to their freeloader…).

Anyway, I found Super mario sunshine here :
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-14-71-ge-49-en.html
I am surprised there isn’t anymore because retailers in Korea have quite a few…

Personally I just (yesterday) bought Zelda Windwalker, Super Smash Melee, Metroid Prime and Super Mario Sunshine second hand at 15-20 USD per piece (the korean won got really strong…).
Although the manual is in Korean, the games are fully in english so it’s no problem. And they work very well with my japanese Wii…
They had a few other titles available (like mario kart double dash, but too expensive…).
Notably, titles that were not available in Asian version (only in JP or in US version) were Resident Evil and Final Fantasy. Now, I didn’t see them in the shop I went to, that does not mean they are not available at all.
I am sorry that I cannot find any more asian version GC games on the Internet, but let me know if you do !

Back