Help please :(

Mainey

Call me... Mr Mainey
Jun 21, 2007
Wii Online Code
1072-6415-2060-6916
INTRO

Well hey guys my first post here. Joined initially so you guys could hopefully help me fix my problem. This seems likea good site though so looks like im staying around.

PROBLEM

Ok so, i got my wii today and the first thing i did other than setting up the wii was to try and set up my connection settings. So i have clicked wireless ( i have a wireless router ) and then i clicked search for an access point. My router appeared and the picture of a padlock was UNLOCKED. All fine and dandy. So i click my router and then i save settings then it asks me to test my connection. I test it and it doesnt connect :S instead it comes up with an error.

I watched a few videos on youtube on how to set up the wifi since my error messages and i didnt really find much help.

All help would be very much appreciated

Thanks

- Mainey -

There is a small icon next to the information of the connection. There are 3 bars, check to see if they are full, if they are empty than the connection may not be able to work at all. If that doesn't work, check Nintendo's FAQ for a list of compatible routers and such problems like you are having now.

IT has 2 bars filled up and can i get i link for the FAQ thingy?

Thanks

- Mainey -

Well when I set up my Wii i had to add the MAC adrress in the router...it kept giving me an error message until i added it.

Whats error message number is it?

Mainey, not sure if yours is like mine, or if they are all the same but (I have a Orange Livebox, which has a router in it). There might be two numbered buttons somewhere on your router box, if so you will have to press "1" to set it into pairing mode, which if it is the same will give you 10 mins to pair your Wii with the router.

Basically...
1) Put in the password/key and OK that on your Wii, BUT once back on the screen where it asks you for your password/key before you can continue, press that numbered button IF there is one on your router.
2) THEN press OK on your wii, n OK n OK again to start testing connection. If all goes well after 10+ seconds it will say connection successful.

the error messages:

first set of error messages were 51331

then after a while it changed to 51330

ill check my router to see if i got those buttons :S Doubt it though my router is a belkin ill look up the exact name for it in a minute if you guys want.

OK, didnt think it would be the same but thought I would mention it just incase. Stating your model number etc should get you better help I would assume, I had a quick look for belkin but cus I dont know WHICH one you have it would be a blind search.

Belkin F5D7231-4

^^ my router :D

if this works i am going to send you a kiss

YES IT WORKED FFS YES!!!

THANKS SO MUCH MAN !!!

****SENDS KISS****

Mainey said:
if this works i am going to send you a kiss

YES IT WORKED FFS YES!!!

THANKS SO MUCH MAN !!!

****SENDS KISS****

LOL glad I could be of help, although all I did was point you to someone else who solved your problem... however lol, due to someone else gettin my sex twisted on this forum awhile ago due to my name, Im a male. Just thought I would mention that for clarity and future reference, cus "KaDee" is my nick name.

Proof LOL (Although my nick on my site is "Mr.Chizel", thats a nick name off my girl)

Back