Help push for Power Stone 3

Godwind

WiiChat Member
Jan 26, 2009
Capcom is known for listening to their fans. Hell, you can private message them and get a response. Which is really nice. That being said, I made a request for Power Stone 3 for the Wii. Personally I think Power Stone 3 would be perfect for the Wii, considering how well Super Smash Bros. Brawl performed.

The Basic conception of Power Stone is be set players into a 3d arena. You pick up weapons, destroy the arena beat the crap out of each other. The key feature is the ability to pick up power stones. When 3 power stones are picked up, you turn into a super human character with all sorts of crazy moves.

Power Stone 3 would have perfect controls for the Wii. A to punch, B to kick, C to jump, Z to grab, the analog stick to move around, the D pad to use final attacks while in transformation. If you hold both the Wii Remote and Nunchuck like this, you have nearly ever button. In addition, it would work with the Classic Controller and the Gamecube controller, giving the player choices to play in a fashion similar to the Dreamcast. The mechanics to the game are simple enough to include motion controls, how about IR aiming for weapons and items?

Online would still work pretty well on the Wii. Power Stone 3 isn't exactly the most Frame demanding fighting game. As long as it is pretty solid, I am sure people will be happy. It doesn't need to be fast paced to be fun. The design and layout is a major part of what makes Power Stone fun. The ability to throw, kick, punch items, use weapons, jump around, and run around the arena to hunt for the power stones. Regardless of the frame rate, the game would be fun.

It should be noted that the game can probably use a facelift. The game should include an Arcade mode, Adventure mode, versus mode, online mode and the other modes that are usually included. Arcade mode (1-4 players) would be similar to its predecessors but be redone to make it unique. Capcom should make loads of bosses for this mode. Adventure mode would be a platform adventure, something translatable based on the games mechanics but still different from what has been done in the older games. It would be cool of Capcom can have Adventure mode run for at least five hours. Versus mode would of course be a local multiplayer (1-4 players), nothing amazing but something that is a staple requirement. Online should be something catered. It will do everything that versus mode does and more. One thing it should incorporate is a ranking system. Players will be able to rank against each other based on score and of course score will be based on performance. Another feature would Co-Op Arcade mode. There should be round robin mode to for a decent alternative to local multiplayer. I am sure Capcom will have some interesting ideas over my own for online. And all those VMU games they packed in the games should be playable on the Nintendo DSi via DS Download Play. Maybe they can have some playable characters from some of Capcom’s other franchises or some of Nintendo’s franchises.

What they can do to improve sales is by making the best pre-order incentive. Make a port of Power Stone 1 and 2 on the Wii. Just to sample what is coming. It would be cool if a few things was thrown on the disc as well, Development History/ Developer's Voice, Capcom History, downloadable MP3 files(via SD card), make those VMU games downloadable to the DSi.

Check out the video on this game
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/video-game-screwattack/29193

Also, if you have plans on helping to bring support to this game, please come to Capcom Unity and voice your demand for this game

http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_cap...apcom_performs_well,_can_we_get_Power_Stone_3

Cant I demand a update of Red Earth or Strider 3 instead?

I can see it as a wiiware title, but I wouldnt pay 50$ for it. Throw in character creator, Mathc spectating and stage creator and MAYBE I would consider it. While their at it, make another Fighters Destiny ( rare underground 64 fighter)

ever so often i google "power stone 3" just for kicks and it brought me to this forum so i signed up... I completely agree with this idea, Power Stone could gain a solid fan base as a wii title. I really hope Capcom and Nintendo can come together and make this happen.

I can see it as a wiiware title, but I wouldnt pay 50$ for it. Throw in character creator, Mathc spectating and stage creator and MAYBE I would consider it. While their at it, make another Fighters Destiny ( rare underground 64 fighter)

Did you ever play the original?

i can see it as a wiiware title, but i wouldnt pay 50$ for it. Throw in character creator, mathc spectating and stage creator and maybe i would consider it. While their at it, make another fighters destiny ( rare underground 64 fighter)

did you ever play the original?

did i play the original?!?
I still have it for the psp!!!

Last edited:
Back