Help setting up wii

sloaneelle

WiiChat Member
Dec 28, 2007
I am computer literate, but seem to be totally inept when it comes up to setting up the wii. Here is my equipment other than the wii of course:
brand new Sony 46 Bravia lcd and Sony dvd (which is probably irrelevant to this question), and an old Dish DVR, and remotes for all of the above. I have tried to standardize them all on the Dish remote, but at this point willing to try anything. Have assembled Wii per directions; have plugged in the 3 plugs into the equivalent color inputs on the TV. Have turned on everything. It is as if the Wii doesn't exist. I have tried the Aux; I have tried the TV/vido buttons on remotes. Nothing seems to recognize it. What am I missing?:mad2:

where did you plug the Wii into? tv? dvd player? dvr?

whichever one you plugged it into, you have to find it in the aux/input. all inputs are labeled (a/v in 1, av in 2, av in front, ect...)

if you plugged it into the dvd player or the dvr, then it has to be on in order to work. the aux on that device must be selected properly also.

I.E. if plugged into dvd player
tv must be set for the dvd player input
the dvd player must be set for the aux input

I have clicked on the input. I've also tried all the other input buttons on all the remotes. I've even tried clicking them several times since one group of suggestions recommending clicking it until it accessed the correct input device. However, nothing changes.

is the Wii on? i've plugged mine into the front input on an LG plasma before and the front was never an option until something was plugged into it.

did it work on any other tv's?

We only have 1 TV (but do have 4 computers so go figure) so don't have any others to try it on. May take it to a friend's house and try it there.

Back