HELP~~ Switching back to Standard from HDTV

kaka

WiiChat Member
Sep 1, 2007
I just hooked up my Wii to my LCD TV that supports HDTV. Changed the setting from Standard to HD and all i got is a blue screen. Will not be able to switch back to Standard mode as I cannot read the screen anymore.
Wiimote is still reacting with the screen, but I just cannot read anything any more.

Any suggestion on switchin back or resetting the hardware?:yikes:

Connection: component cable to Phillips LCD TV

Take Out the Components, Put In The AV(yellow, red, white) And It Should Automatically Change back To Standard.

COOL! Thanks. I talked to the Nintendo customer service and was recommended to use s-video cable for my TV. anyhow, problem solved.

S-video cable? I have a philips HDTV too and im using component... is S-video better?

Nope..Composite, S-Video, then component is the way it goes, component being the best. S-video is barely a step up from composite. And for sound its composite (I think its composite..the red and white thingies), Coaxial, and Fiber optic.

If you actually compare a composite image to the same image in S-video, the difference is actually pretty large. S-video removes dot crawl, which can be rampant. I'd say the step from S-video to component is the small one, until 480p is activated.

Also, I'd like to have the model no. of your LCD TV if you can take a peek. LCD TVs are supposed to be able to support EDTV, unless you've got a stinker.

here you Go Ryoko:

Philips 32" 32PF5531

If its a "stinker" lol let me know nicely =p but whatever you say it is, i tell you one thing, it does look beautiful in HDTV for blu-rays and ps3 games, amazing, its not just a cheap HD that you cant watch night scenes in :p

Lol, no. I directed that at kaka. When he activates the 480p setting on his LCD TV via component, he gets a blue screen, which is out of the ordinary.

Back