Help! Toshiba, Mac or Dell For laptop!?

Brawny said:
Dell's are good, but I'd go with the toshiba, or perhaps an HP.

Here's what I mean:
http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/cfam.to?coid=-26377
Ok, so toshiba is better though now im sort of worried about pricing...is the cheap toshibas cheap only cause the size screen or what else...cuz if its only cause the size of the screen r the space of gb inside it i dont rly care..

Um, it's kinda strange.

The larger a screen, generally, the more expesive. But go too small, and it gets expensive too. Battery life is another thing to take into consideration when choosing screen size.

Honestly, I don't see why anyone but gamers need anything larger than a 14-15 inch screen on their lappy. And if you travel, be sure to get either a 9 cell battery, or a spare 6 cell.

Also, VISTA. The number one reason I would build my own, is so I could use XP. Ask wherever you buy your laptop, if you opt for windows, to install XP with SP 2.

Gaz said:
Do you work in IT?

my dad does, been in the business 15 odd years, head of IT in fact at a good firm, he buys dells, plenty of dells, dells are good.

and why not go for Mac. the OS takes about 10-15 mins to actually get used, it is so simple.

At the end of the day, a top spec Windows laptop will do only what windows does.
A top spec Mac Laptop, will do everything a windows laptop would do, as well as all of apples features. 2 for the price of 1? or just buy one get no deals. your choice at the end of the day.

He's got it right. 2 for the price of 1. You can't go wrong with a Mac. Macs are the key to a problem free world.

If you want a PC, I recomend you get an HP. They're some of the best. If you want a cheap laptop, go for Dell.

Dell=cheap
HP=quality
Mac=quality+good OS

What about toshiba!...havent herd anything bad abt it yet..

Except dells aren't cheap..

And I thought we all agreed that the "good OS" is relative, considering what area you are going to use it in.

And boot camp isn't as good as purported. It's awfully laggy for a lot of people.

@ OP. Where are you going to use this exactly?

Brawny said:
Except dells aren't cheap..

And I thought we all agreed that the "good OS" is relative, considering what area you are going to use it in.

And boot camp isn't as good as purported. It's awfully laggy for a lot of people.

@ OP. Where are you going to use this exactly?
Dells are cheap, you of course have to choose the right time to buy them, when there stock is high the price is low, and visa versa.

Boot camp is great, but VMware Fusion is awesome!

Lol wut abt toshibA!!!!! need to here more about it nvr herd any negativees or cons only herd positives and pros!..y shud i pick a mac over a toshiba? btw wuts toshiba "sattelite" wuts the sattelite for?

LoVeWiI said:
Lol wut abt toshibA!!!!! need to here more about it nvr herd any negativees or cons only herd positives and pros!..y shud i pick a mac over a toshiba? btw wuts toshiba "sattelite" wuts the sattelite for?
the 'sattelite' is just a word, doesn't really have any meaning behind it.

Toshiba's are ok, but i've had one of there laptops and the main circuit board fried and the CPU melted, not good.

Gaz said:
the 'sattelite' is just a word, doesn't really have any meaning behind it.

Toshiba's are ok, but i've had one of there laptops and the main circuit board fried and the CPU melted, not good.
Your opinion wuts rank mac toshiba hp and dell from 1-4 eg 1 is best 4 is worst in your opinion and make another in reality like ranked in which ppl most like.
1. bla bla
2. bla bla
3. bla bla
4. bla bla

Seeing as you have no idea where the period, comma, and semi-colon keys are on the keyboard, I'd go with a mac. User friendly ya know.

LoVeWiI said:
Your opinion wuts rank mac toshiba hp and dell from 1-4 eg 1 is best 4 is worst in your opinion and make another in reality like ranked in which ppl most like.
1. bla bla
2. bla bla
3. bla bla
4. bla bla

my opinion is only my opinion, there is no right or wrong, you have to go with what you want more, that way you will truely be happy, and thats what counts.

Gaz said:
my opinion is only my opinion, there is no right or wrong, you have to go with what you want more, that way you will truely be happy, and thats what counts.
Ok fine than, in general ranked 1-4? I need to know it will help my opinion.

Brawny said:
Seeing as you have no idea where the period, comma, and semi-colon keys are on the keyboard, I'd go with a mac. User friendly ya know.
And yes, I do use punctuation alot just not in forums and msn. Ah crap. Sorry for double post!

Haha.........NO. Speak on forums as you do in real life.

I would much rather help a person like this:
you at the beginning said:
Getting a new laptop need to know which laptop i should get mac dell or toshiba. Im not looking for anything specificly accept how fast it is so overall which kind of laptop do you think i shuold get post here asap!

Than this:

you just now said:

Also
LoVeWiI said:
I need to know it will help my opinion.

If it will help your opinion? That's the most idiotic thing I've ever heard. Your opinion is just that....YOURS. It should not be influenced by Gaz's, mine, or anyone elses. We gave you a (semi) unbiased review of the options given, now you must take that, along with system specs, and your personal uses to actually buy the d*mned thing.

Now, answer my effin' question. What are you going to be doing with this computer?

Back