Help truly needed!

King Wiired

HITLER ME JEZ
Aug 8, 2006
United Kingdom Status : Stunnin'
Wii Online Code
8756-4872-6334-8478
Yesterday every so often, my 360 would come up with an error message saying 'To play this disc, put it in an Xbox 360 console' and said it was reading it as a DVD. And this morning it hasn't stopped doing that, with every game I try. I've tried near enough everything and I ain't gotta clue what to do. Any help? (please no posts saying '360 suxors' etc..) Thanks.

im sad to say red lights is around the corner.=( your going to have to call MS and send it in.if your out of warranty its going to be 125 plus shipping.also dont plan on getting that same console back.your going to get a refurbished one that was sent in because it was broke and now they fixed it and sending it to you.=(

360 suxors lol!

I have absolutely no advice for you except call it in. Mine did the same thing before it went the way of 3 red lights. Lol, I even tried blowing inside the tray a couple times thinking maybe it was dust, but nopes...

You're pretty much screwed. No freezes or anything?

Seems like bad news. Though I've only been trying my games (which were second hand with scratches) and I just 2 of my mates that he lent to me that I haven't played and it worked fine? Maybe it's just my crappy discs?

Maybe, how scratched are they? Some of my games are scratched too from lending my '360 to my brother. He has this habit of leaving the discs laying around. But they work fine...

You have no freezes though? Stutters?

MasterChief said:
Maybe, how scratched are they? Some of my games are scratched too from lending my '360 to my brother. He has this habit of leaving the discs laying around. But they work fine...

You have no freezes though? Stutters?
Not horrifically scratched, probably moderately scratched I'd say, and they've been working up til today. What do you mean by freezes/stutters?

Okay, look at your avatar for example. A spinning wiimote. Hit the Stop button on your web browser. That's what I mean...everything comes to a stop. Or something like that, I'm not great at explaining things, I'm not even remotely good. But you have to atleast get some idea of what I mean by, freezes.

And what I mean by stutters are interruptions in gameplay, something that shouldn't have been there. Say I'm playing Call of Duty 3, in the middle of a fire fight everything goes super slow for a quick couple seconds.

...I need some coffee. But you get the idea. From your response though, I see you're experiencing nothing of the sort. Just call it in, if you're still under warranty you can get it fixed or replaced for free, obviously. If not, just be persistent.

MasterChief said:
Okay, look at your avatar for example. A spinning wiimote. Hit the Stop button on your web browser. That's what I mean...everything comes to a stop. Or something like that, I'm not great at explaining things, I'm not even remotely good. But you have to atleast get some idea of what I mean by, freezes.

And what I mean by stutters are interruptions in gameplay, something that shouldn't have been there. Say I'm playing Call of Duty 3, in the middle of a fire fight everything goes super slow for a quick couple seconds.

...I need some coffee. But you get the idea. From your response though, I see you're experiencing nothing of the sort. Just call it in, if you're still under warranty you can get it fixed or replaced for free, obviously. If not, just be persistent.
Aaah I understand, and no I dont experience either of them things. Thanks a bunch for the help though :] and I'll update you on if any changes persist. Have some rep :]

Well good luck on fixing it and I hope you don't get the red lights although be prepared and I would recommend calling microsoft especially if your still in warranty.

if your still in waranty then my bet is that is near coming to an end. If you are then just send it straight to MS cause if you manage to 'fix' it chances are that the problem will persist. If your out of waranty then........
ur screwed

Well after using my disc cleaner I got SVR to work :cool: though was too 'scared' to try anything else :] then that night I bunged in GoW before I went to bed, and it didn't work :/ hmm..

Back