HELP! Wii is Ruining My Network!

TexasDudeUSA

WiiChat Member
Feb 15, 2007
Ok I am able to be online for a few minutes before I get disconnected again but I think my Wii and Computer are having IP conflicts. When I'm on the Wii, the internet works great but my PC fails to connect sometimes. Also, when it's in stanby, every 5 minutes, my computer wireless network disconnects! Should I change something on the Wii? I don't want to change anything on my computer because the settings took forever to do. I better submit this post before I get disconnected again!

Hmmmmm
Why not buy the Wifi Adapter?
Or change your settings lol [I know you didn't want to]

Last edited:
TexasDudeUSA said:
Ok I am able to be online for a few minutes before I get disconnected again but I think my Wii and Computer are having IP conflicts. When I'm on the Wii, the internet works great but my PC fails to connect sometimes. Also, when it's in stanby, every 5 minutes, my computer wireless network disconnects! Should I change something on the Wii? I don't want to change anything on my computer because the settings took forever to do. I better submit this post before I get disconnected again!

Are you directly connecting the wii by the usb ethernet adapter or are you connecting wirelessly. If you are connecting wirelessly and can not just plug it in I would suggest an WiFi Adapter, when setting your wireless network up for the Wii to be compatible it weakens the security on your network. Not sure if this is your specific problem though. There are many different encryption settings and for the Wii or DS to conenct to them wirelessly without the USB wifi adapter or a direct plug-in it used one of the weakest types.

We would have to know a LOT more to even try to help you.

Wireless for comp and Wii correct, or is one wired and one wireless?
What type router?
How is the router setup? (DHCP or manual/static addresses?)
What on your computer disconnects? Does your comp say that it lost signal, got disconnected, IP address conflict, just stops working?
Does your comp give you any error when it disconnects?
What do you have to do to re-connect? Just wait, try again, reboot, what?

Maleko said:
We would have to know a LOT more to even try to help you.

Wireless for comp and Wii correct, or is one wired and one wireless?
What type router?
How is the router setup? (DHCP or manual/static addresses?)
What on your computer disconnects? Does your comp say that it lost signal, got disconnected, IP address conflict, just stops working?
Does your comp give you any error when it disconnects?
What do you have to do to re-connect? Just wait, try again, reboot, what?

Yes if you can answer these questions one of us will be able to get back to you quickly :D.

yo TexasDudeUSA! i recently had a problem with my network that had alot of the same symptoms as your problem... now i dont know how computer savy you are but this is what i had to do... i first needed to upgrade the firmware on my wireless router, i then went to the adapter setting for my computer and made sure that it was on the same CHANNEL as the router was. i have also helped out a buddy with a similar problem. i make no promises it will work but i hated the prob when i had it, really annoyed the crap out of me so i hope this helped u.

Back