HELP: WiiKey modify problem

tigerfire

WiiChat Member
Jul 14, 2007
I have a NTSC-J console (new chip) that has been modified by someone. After modified, my console is intermittently unable to read my original NTSC-J games that was working perfectly before the modification. I only had my console for 2 weeks. I was wondering if anyone have the same problem or know what could have happened to my console? How I can fix this?

Thank you in advance.

tigerfire said:
I have a NTSC-J console (new chip) that has been modified by someone. After modified, my console is intermittently unable to read my original NTSC-J games that was working perfectly before the modification. I only had my console for 2 weeks. I was wondering if anyone have the same problem or know what could have happened to my console? How I can fix this?

Thank you in advance.
Normal modding won't affect the disk drive. I mod over 50 Wii and it going well. Ask the person that that modded your WII is using Original WIIKey chip?
What modding does it bypasss the security so it can read all disks. It won't affect your console.

So you are modding 20 wiis??? why... to sell them??

Well maybe thats what nintendo dont want you to do ands maybe why there is a system faliure on the new wiis that creates this problem when you mod it.

yeah i too wanna know WiiKey($17) or Winja ($27)?

where can I find a list of modders? I am in Seattle.

You dont need modders you just need someone who can Solder. and follow directions. I modded my PS 1 and it still works. All my friends who had paid for a place to mod their systems they all stopped working mines still going after all these years. Im modding my WII next week. Moneys been tight so I couldnt get the wiikey yet. gonna order it friday or saturday. With that stupid 3 headed screw driver lolol.

i keep thinking about modding my wii to play imports also jap games. when reading up on mod chips i come across the same error which is that if a modded wii has power on standby for long times it dosnt seen to be able to read any disc but if you turn the plug off for a while then turn it back it starts playing again. so a lot of people turn there modded wii off by the pulg at night/when there not playing.

It sounds to me like it may be the fault of either the wii mod chip you had installed (which one did you install or have installed?) or the modification job itself, which can create a problem like this.

The discs should always read, no matter what. In all the wii's I've modded I have never had this type of an issue at all.

Do you have the wiikey setup disc? You can use this to setup the wiikey (as it may have lost the settings!) This disc will only work with the Wiikey though,. and not any other mod chip.

Back