Help with computer disk

Wolf says Rawr
Mar 24, 2007
I was wondering if it's safe to play a computer game such as Unreal Tournament 3 wihout having the disk in the disk drive?

I know it's possible, because I do it all the time..
I just load up the game and nothing would be in the disk drive..
And it plays fine..

I was just wondering about this..

Cause if it's safe and not harmful.
I'll sell my game on ebay

Thanks in advance

Default said:
I was wondering if it's safe to play a computer game such as Unreal Tournament 3 wihout having the disk in the disk drive?

I know it's possible, because I do it all the time..
I just load up the game and nothing would be in the disk drive..
And it plays fine..

I was just wondering about this..

Cause if it's safe and not harmful.
I'll sell my game on ebay

Thanks in advance
The only reason a disk is ever used is to verify it is original. It is fine.

For games that don't have a disk (downloaded, etc) go to www.gamecopyworld.com and download a No-CD fix as a "backup" :lol:

Darkprinny said:
Exepect these links to be erased
Remember this site dose not support people copyin or the playin of copyed games

ok im fine with that

Darkprinny said:
Exepect these links to be erased
Remember this site dose not support people copyin or the playin of copyed games
The sites are perfectly legal, simply because they advertise them as backups.

There are no games stored on those sites, simply patches for the exe to play them without your CD.

simply patches for the exe to play them without your CD.

which some people claim is illegal.

i once worked with a quadrapalegic who had some hand/arm control. i helped teach her how to use dragon naturally speaking for general computer use. we also learned to play some games using it. civ 4 worked great with voice software. since she was no mobile, swapping discs didnt work. rather than use an online patch, i contacted the developer, and they sent me a nocd patch, that only worked with 1 cd key. it was great.

rukus said:
simply patches for the exe to play them without your CD.

which some people claim is illegal.

i once worked with a quadrapalegic who had some hand/arm control. i helped teach her how to use dragon naturally speaking for general computer use. we also learned to play some games using it. civ 4 worked great with voice software. since she was no mobile, swapping discs didnt work. rather than use an online patch, i contacted the developer, and they sent me a nocd patch, that only worked with 1 cd key. it was great.
It is not illegal because it is not a game. It is obviously illegal to use them to play pirated games, but the exe's themselves are legal.

For example, the R4 for the DS is legal, providing you only use it to play homebrew.

rukus said:

There are some incredibly compelling reasons to not have protection schemes that require an original disc (the above is clearly one of those).

Unfortunately, piracy is rampant (for all forms of media), so I at least understand companies wanting to protect their ASSEtS :D

...and honestly, while there's some legal uses for apps like the ones linked - I'm sure the vast majority of No-CD apps, WiiKEYs, DVDDecrypters, etc., are being used for less-than-legal activities. Hahaha, kind of like the head shops around - I'm sure there are a few people smoking Rum Runner from The Tinderbox in those giant water bongs, but I think we all know the majority if what's actually passing through 'em :D

Back