Help with error code 209800

Plankman

WiiChat Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hi everyone

I'm a new Wii owner, and I need some help. I've got a access point to put my Wii online. I can connect, download updates, use the news and weather channels, etc, but every time I try to go to the Wii Shop I get error 209800. I've looked on forums, but they all point me to the Nintendo forums and they are down, and I can't find how to resolve the problem. I have to connect through my PC to get on the internet and I'm using ProxyI. I'm not sure if the proxy would cause the error. I'm from South Africa, but I've set the country to UK because we can't seem to get access to Wii online stuff from here. If anybody could help I would really appreciate it.

Shot

try accepting user agreement , u probly already have but if u go into setting u should find it in there , mite be worth a go

oh ...and welcome to wii chat

Hi thanks for the reply

I have tried that about 4 times and still have the same problem. Like I said, everything works fine, except Wii Shop :-(

huff .......errm .......hmmmm ,...have you tried setting the wii to safrica region instead??

bytheway well done in the rugby ...grrrrr

Thanks :) I had it on South Africa originally, but then all I got for the Wii Shop and WiiConnect24 was service unavailable, that's why I switched it to UK

well i would try again , maybe even reset the connection and start over making sure its set to your region ,
soz im no help dude

Hi Byuakuya

I tried that and got:

Error Code: 209800
Specific Error Code Not Found - General Troubleshooting

* Try adjusting the "Channel" your wireless router broadcasts on. We highly recommend setting your wireless router to either channel 1 or 11. This can potentially increase the download speed. For information on accessing your router's settings, click here to select the brand name and model number of your router (if available).

* Check your router's broadcast settings to find out if it is set to "G", "B", or "Mixed." Mixed typically works best, but try all three to see if it improves the network connection to the Wii console.

* Make sure that any other interfering devices, such as microwaves and cordless phones, are turned off. Wireless keyboards and mice may also cause interference.

I have tried on channel 1 and 11 and still get the same thing. I'll try and unplug my wireless keyboard and mouse, but I don't think that will make a difference as everything else works fine

Plankman said:
Hi Byuakuya

I tried that and got:

Error Code: 209800
Specific Error Code Not Found - General Troubleshooting

* Try adjusting the "Channel" your wireless router broadcasts on. We highly recommend setting your wireless router to either channel 1 or 11. This can potentially increase the download speed. For information on accessing your router's settings, click here to select the brand name and model number of your router (if available).

* Check your router's broadcast settings to find out if it is set to "G", "B", or "Mixed." Mixed typically works best, but try all three to see if it improves the network connection to the Wii console.

* Make sure that any other interfering devices, such as microwaves and cordless phones, are turned off. Wireless keyboards and mice may also cause interference.

I have tried on channel 1 and 11 and still get the same thing. I'll try and unplug my wireless keyboard and mouse, but I don't think that will make a difference as everything else works fine
I am sorry that I couldn't be of any help, but I am sure that another member may have an idea to help you solve your problem. :)

yea i looked up your error code on the nintendo website and didn't get anything!!!

Does anyone think that switching to another PAL country would work? If so, which would be the best one?

hi guys

still battling, now i'm getting error code 209543 and i get the same message as above when i try to look it up. this is getting very frustrating as all the other online stuff works, i just can't get into the shop

Back