help with fixing a broken hinge

*Gymnast*

Wii rocks!
Dec 1, 2007
playing a wii
I recently discovered that my DS's right hinge is broken. I took it into game stop and asked them what I should do and I was told to "super glue it". I have checked the nintendo web site also. I just need some help! I will attach some pictures to further explain. IMG_2224.JPG

IMG_2233.JPG

IMG_2237.JPG

if its not uder worranty contact nintendo and that il ell you to send it to them in vancover and will repair to for 100$ becuse thats the only place that have the limated edition ds paint for repairs

As he said, he costs more because of the custom super-paint. One of the hinges on my Lite has a crack in it but it doesnt matter. It still flips fine without trouble.

elmo_999 said:
As he said, he costs more because of the custom super-paint. One of the hinges on my Lite has a crack in it but it doesnt matter. It still flips fine without trouble.

My Hinge still opens properly but I have to be VERY careful with it. I was also thinking of upgrading to a lite with game stop's deal of trading in you old ds paying 79.99 and getting a lite. But I don't think they will take it in the existing condiditon.

dsshellrd4.jpg

What about something like this? Would that work? It's called a shell and can be obtained for about 10-15 dollars. dsshellrd4.jpg

oh thats cool, ive never seen the red before (obviously) looks cool though. sry bout ur broken hinge though, but hey, duct tape is in style!

lol my top screen sometimes jolts but it still works

oh btw if it does not bother you dont bother paying to get it fixed

*Gymnast* said:
My Hinge still opens properly but I have to be VERY careful with it. I was also thinking of upgrading to a lite with game stop's deal of trading in you old ds paying 79.99 and getting a lite. But I don't think they will take it in the existing condiditon.

As I said It does bother me. I would like to trade in for a lite. Also I don't want to damage it farther.

It sound like quite a few people have broken hinges could it be a defect?
Or is it the tipe of case we keep it in?
I keep mine in one like this.____>ndsliteleathercase01.gif

Back