Help with movies on Wii

it's me! wiiiiiiiii

WiiChat Member
Mar 15, 2007
Firstly a big hi to everyone, this is my first post and won't be my last as I love my Wii!!
My problem is I'm trying to watch movies on my Wii, I'm using Red Kawa video converter which does the job fine but a 700mb movie converts to over two gig and i only have a one gig sd card at the minute.
Can anyone tell me how to convert a 700mb movie to a less than one gig file so that it'll run on my Wii?

Thanks a lot guys :)

How do you plan on playing the movie if you could fit it on the SD card? Do you have a modchip installed?

As far as I know, there is no solution for huge size of movie yet... And also I kinda doubt that Wii would recognize that movie file. Even with Wii video 9, most of the files fail to be recognized by wii.. Sorry couldn't be any help, but well I am struggling with that problem, too.

I don't know if this will help....

My Camera takes SD Cards and has the ability to Make movies...When i make a movie with my camera its in AVI Format and i'm able to watch those movies on the photo channel...i would think if you put any movie in AVI format and opened up the photo channel and watch it...i'm going to try some random AVI's i have laying around from Ares and limewire and copy them to my SD card and see if it works

or you could just get an xbox or ps3. You know.. real multimedia systems. The wii is a toybox, fun for playing around but not much use for utility.

Shiftfallout said:
or you could just get an xbox or ps3. You know.. real multimedia systems. The wii is a toybox, fun for playing around but not much use for utility.
well, that's what a gaming console is supposed to be, it's for games, in other words, playing... other multimedia features are nice, but I wouldn't sacrifice gaming capabilities for it (not saying the 360 and ps3 do), but I just don't see it as something necessary... and you can do all that with your pc so why bother doing it with your wii?

Zarogan said:
... and you can do all that with your pc so why bother doing it with your wii?

thats a question you have to ask the OP. Im just responding to him trying to get movies to play on his wiiwii.

there are planty of different ways to downsize the video... i use a few different convert files.. but like they said its kinda a waste of time.. unless these are for movies your downloading and just dont want to burn onto a dvd... eaither way look for a video conversion program that lets you change bit rates, resolution, and any other video or sound settings... i have a few that work great in mp4 and 3gp but i think the wii will only do avi as far as ive tryed... but ive compressed movies down pretty far and still kept decent quality... i have 5 movies on my cell phone right now all 1:45:00 minutes or about that on a 512mb card...

i guess it it supose to run mpeg, and .mov files too... just convert it with quicktime... its free.. and mess with the settings.. the file shouldnt get that much larger when you convert it...lol unless it was already compressed down...

Shiftfallout said:
You know nothing...

Back