Help with Super Mario World plz~

JoonKimDDS

WiiChat Member
Dec 17, 2006
I think i beat either 3rd or 4th castle and entered the Illusionary Forest or whatever.

I didn;'t know why it's called Illusion except I found out that I can't proceed any further. I am just keep going round and round.

what should i do?

Last edited:
hehe, I remember playing this game back in the day, and spending literally days trying to figure out how to get past these worlds (I was only 6, mind you). And now we have the luxury of the internet where you can easily ask for help, or look it up with a click of a button. *sigh*

Anyway, I believe what you are looking for are keys and keyholes to make it through the forest. Look for them to unlock the path to progress through. I know theres one in the first level of the forest area, which involve a balloon to help you there. There's also one in the water level of the forest. Also to let you know, if a level (on the map screen) is red, it means that there are multiple paths that take you to different places if you can find the secret way to finish the level. If it is yellow, then there is only one way. Sorry I couldn't be more specific in helping you get through the forest area, but I'm going by 15 years of since I last played this awesome game.

Cactus said:
hehe, I remember playing this game back in the day, and spending literally days trying to figure out how to get past these worlds (I was only 6, mind you). And now we have the luxury of the internet where you can easily ask for help, or look it up with a click of a button. *sigh*

Anyway, I believe what you are looking for are keys and keyholes to make it through the forest. Look for them to unlock the path to progress through. I know theres one in the first level of the forest area, which involve a balloon to help you there. There's also one in the water level of the forest. Also to let you know, if a level (on the map screen) is red, it means that there are multiple paths that take you to different places if you can find the secret way to finish the level. If it is yellow, then there is only one way. Sorry I couldn't be more specific in helping you get through the forest area, but I'm going by 15 years of since I last played this awesome game.
Thank you man~
I just saw the ending even though I still couldn't get out of illusionary forest.
I followed your tip and found all the secret pathway along the way (red)
and found a star that leads me directly into Bowser level so I skipped everything beyond illusionary forest and just killed bowser and saved Peach :D

I am still gonna have to beat level 5,6,7 since I skipped them but at least I am happy that I beat the game :D

lol
good to see someone new playing SMW ;)
try looking thorughout the southern level until u find ur goal... unless u cant then PM me and ill tell u what to do.... but its more rewardable when u find out for urself imo
btw try finishing the star road and another "special" place....

In illusionary forest, you need to beat the secondary goals within the forest. You may find primary goals just put you in a loop!

My friend and I beat this game on cooperative (before everyone makes fun of us, YES we can beat it on our own; we wanted to not be bored while doing it) and tried to get the maximum game percentage of 100.

Him and I both beat it at 100% when we were kids; we failed this time. We got 92%. Stupid ghost houses; they should be red too!

We even beat all of Star Road, the amazingly tedious exit between levels 3 and 4 on the bridge to go down into the water - we went through Gnarly, Tubular, and Awesome, all the way through all of that to the complete end of Star Road.

92%. What the heck?

Last edited:
On that note where is the switch block for the red squares? I am trying to do the key ending on the star world that is "between the legs" of the star. It has been ages since I have played this game as well. Thanks in advance for the welcomes.

here's what ya do.. that level where u start off to run for the 1 up and theres that guy in the clowd droppin **** on u is where u get the key .. midway thru the board u either have to go in his clowd or fly in one of the pipes thats slightly above the ground .. theres a guy in it throwing stuff at u .. u fly jump on his head and go down that pipe.. it will have the key and the hole and will let u threw the forest..

Man, how can you guys remember this game so well? Btw, I downloaded this and tried to play it with the Cube controller, and the control is wack. Be sure to use a classic, people.

Last edited:
Back