Help with WiFi

i would recommend a Linksys, Netgear, or Dlink router as those are the most commonly used and popular ones. if you get a wireless router with anything like 'speedboost' or somehting that will probably have tobe turned off for the wii to recognize the signal. i have a lynksys WRT54G with the High Gain Antennaes(50 bucks when i bought them) the router is only about 40 now. i personally recommend that, as i am having no troubles with my connection. dont get the high gain antennaes if you dont much distance to cover but if you do then get them. when you change the setting in your router, change the channel to 11 or 1. i think my wii finally recognized it once i set it to channel 11. hope this helps.

yeah, the channel thing is all that stumped me at first. I would definitely recommend lynksis though. they rock. Do you have a wireless card in your computer though? It seems sort of pointless to buy the router JUST for the nintendo. that is was the WIFI MAX usb is for.

Deathmetalmaster said:
yeah, the channel thing is all that stumped me at first. I would definitely recommend lynksis though. they rock. Do you have a wireless card in your computer though? It seems sort of pointless to buy the router JUST for the nintendo. that is was the WIFI MAX usb is for.

At my place i have my router wired to my pc. And all other devices in the house connect wirelessly. So it's not really that over the top unless you have nothing but one computer and a wii

The cost of a router is very comparable to the cost of the USB adaptor you're talking about.

Back