Help with Wii needed

Onihoshi

WiiChat Member
Mar 7, 2008
Greetings fellow-gamers.

Could you guys\ girls help me out with some issues regarding my uni work. I am a student and for a project I need to conduct a research about Wii and its competitors.

The things I’m interested in are:
- Why did you buy Wii ?
- Why didn’t you choose the competition?
- What features suit you most with your console?
- What displeases you in your console?
- Your overall opinion about your console?

Feel free to write whatever you think is important. I will appreciate every opinion. Also feel free to appraise or criticize any console.

Please answer as detailed as possible.

P.S. Fell free to email me if you have any info that you think may be helpful to me [email protected]

Many thanks for your co-operation.

Onihoshi said:
Greetings fellow-gamers.

Could you guys\ girls help me out with some issues regarding my uni work. I am a student and for a project I need to conduct a research about Wii and its competitors.

- Why did you buy Wii ?

Feel free to write whatever you think is important. I will appreciate every opinion. Also feel free to appraise or criticize any console.

P.S. Fell free to email me if you have any info that you think may be helpful to me [email protected]

- Why did you buy Wii ?
Because I have always loved Nintendo and I love the innovation the Wii brings to the market.

I did. I have an Xbox 360 as well.

I love the fact that absolutely anyone can play it, and my whole family have regular tennis tournaments. :lol:

3rd party developers have blotched the record of the Wii and many people will assume that all Wii games are bad. There are way too many bad games being made.

Incredible. Just keep to first party games or games with good reviews and you are set. :yesnod:

Hey, no problem!

- Why did you buy Wii ?

It stood out from the competition. I thought motion controls would be a refreshing break from mashing buttons.

None of the PS3/360 games appealed to me, and neither was doing anything original with the consoles. (btw lots of users here own a wii and another system.)

The virtual console. I'm old enough to remember NES games.

The graphics smell, and the VC game selection is WEAK.

I'm very satisfied with it. But right now the shovelware to great game ratio is like 7:1. It needs more quality games.

- Why did you buy Wii ?
I bought a Wii because it was going to have some of my favourite characters and series' (Mario, Zelda, Metroid Prime etc.) and I was interested in using the new controllers to play games.

Price was the issue here, Wii was much cheaper than 360 and Ps3 when it first launched. I am going to get an Xbox 360 soon though.

The different channels that come with it or that can be downloaded later on. Virtual Console is a good one as well.

The amount of good games is quite low, mainly because of the lack of third party support. I hope this improves over time.

Its great!

Onihoshi said:
- Why did you buy Wii ?

It offered a new and unique way of interacting with the console. Also it's wide appeal across all age ranges and the whole family.

Onihoshi said:

MS and Sony were locked into a graphics and cpu pissing contest which was pointless and didn't even guarantee better games to the player.

Onihoshi said:

It's appeal, ease of use, fun factor, and range of games.

Onihoshi said:

Shovelware from 3rd parties.

Onihoshi said:

It's a revolution in gaming! The sales figures speak for themselves - Nintendo have placed themselves in practically every front room in the country.

Onihoshi said:
Greetings fellow-gamers.

- Why did you buy Wii ?

1. i bought my wii because im am loyal to Nintendo i like their games and characters
2. i dont like they other systems i wanted something new
3.being able to go on the internet is the best for me i have a big family and only one computer and definitely the motion controls makes me better in games
4.the online friend codes i dont want to have to add somebody by typing in 10 numbers that i cant remember
5.The best console ever made

Why did you buy Wii?
I hadn't owned a game console since the original NES, and it seemed like the right console finally. Different, with fun games, and didn't cost an arm and a leg.

Why didn’t you choose the competition?
Too expensive, and I think that Microsoft and Sony are evil companies that don't deserve a cent from me. Plus the Wii had a unique interface.

What features suit you most with your console?
The cost, and the casual fun games you can just pick up and play.

What displeases you in your console?
That the developers were caught off-guard by its success so it's taking a while for anyone besides Nintendo to put out high-quality games. That should be resolved somewhat this year as they catch-up.

That online isn't utilized more in games, especially those produced by Nintendo themselves

That there's only 512MB of storage and no seamless way to expand it (as a result, no Guitar Hero downloadable content?).

That Nintendo can't make enough to meet demand. If more people had Wiis, there'd be a bigger market for games and we'd see more, better games being produced because it'd be more worth the developers' while.

Graphics potential of the Wii is rarely exploited. Lack of anti-aliasing.

Your overall opinion about your console?
It's a fun, affordable trailblazer for a new generation of consoles from Nintendo. I'd like to see a "Wii 2.0" though that fixed some of the shortcomings.

I can't list every thing yet I think you can pull what ever you want from my post. If you have any questions believe me I can elaborate as I've been following this whole thing for a while.

- Why did you buy Wii ?
To test the controls at first. Like most people gaming is getting boring and PC games have been way better control wise because of the mouse for a while. As a big FPS online player I'm liking the Wii's pointer tech and the whole Wii mote set up. It's getting closer to the PC interface. Then on top of that as a real hardcore player I still have old school games to beat like super ghoul and ghost and it has stuff that will never get released on it like sin and punishment. The other system just don't support this stuff. I could go on but this console reminds me more of gaming rather than PC gaming. I like that and thats the same thing that made other console winner of their gen.

The other console remind me more of low end PCs with games programmed to their specs, unlike real low end PC that are trying to run high end games. I played motor storm and almost threw up on my self. It's look pretty but it just isn't there frame rate wise. I have a PC and the HD consoles have yet to best the PC in graphics and control. I have like 8 gigs of ram and plenty of power. The HD console just where not going to do it for me. I'm a graphic whore when it comes to things like high end gaming yet I can see past all the normal maps and tell I'm playing a crappy game no matter how good it looks. The other systems are trying to hard to emulate my PC so once some thing actually comes out that says hey now this is the console game you've been dreaming of then I will get it but I do think 2d and console arcade games are dead on the other systems.

A console that plays like a console. You are free to play what ever comes out on it. You have so many control options. Or shall I say you don't have things like HD resolution and crazy graphics engines hold devs back from making what they want. I faced the facts, people who love the Wii and are hardcore will love it for it's game play and it's link to the past. The Wii is not trying to be any thing other than a console. Yet also it is trying to do more things than a normal console but do I pay a premium for it nope. No extras tacked on just a good game system. No need for pay online unless it is worth it. The Wii just has more choice. I'm not your normal standard for the current fan boys and I still will play pac man and the old mario some times. So far this system has the best game play.

All the hate it's getting from the dev community or the higher ups. Then all the hate it gets online and from the so called hardcore gamers. The VC has games that most of them will never master yet I can walk thur them. What I hate about the Wii is also the fact that it sort of shows how bad the hardcore community is right now. They seem so much like PC gamers that it's scary. So basically not too much. This console actually shows why more people will leave gaming because they started for the wrong reasons maybe? It's showing that people are hyped about the other systems and hoping things will get better and better on them. Those things are graphics and most people with a Wii are ready to own a console instead of a low end PC. It is also showing my how hijacked the consoles are by the PC industry right now also.

A quiet revolution thats scaring a lot of people. Yet the funny thing is it seem more like getting back to business or picking up where I sort of left gaming even though I had a PS2. Most people will say that the PS3 is gaining momentum yet games and lots of them is what made the PS2 so great. The PS2 won by having lots of stuff on it not PC fps. You can buy a PC close to mine for almost $700. Thats going to be a problem once the next batch of GPUs come out. Yet the price for the tech in the HD systems stay the same with out adding any thing special to it.

The Wii hasn't been flooded with shooter yet. Which is a good thing because I need other types of games also. The Wii may have less powerful tech in it yet it's the combo of tech present that makes it so good. Then on top of that nintendo is making all the right steps to keep the hardcore that every one else forgot about, the retro , 2d, any kind of game players.

Wii players lack elitism also and this makes it a lot easier to make games for it. I look forward to games that fill in the spots or even and on to what gamers love about gaming.

The Wii ware thing is just icing on the cake along with other cool stuff coming out.

Why did you buy Wii?

I tried it out the PS3, 360 and Wii and feel in love with the Wii on my first experience. From the moment I tried it out, I knew it was a totally different experience than mashing buttons.

Why didn’t you choose the competition?

Cost was one of the major factors, not only the system, but all the games for it. Also, as I mentioned earlier, I'm pretty tired of just mashing buttons to do things. The Wii makes you feel more like you're immersed in the game, even if the graphics aren't PS3 or 360 quality.

What features suit you most with your console?

I like everything about it, I can download retro games from when I was little kid, the channels are a pretty neat concept and the motion sensing is awesome.

What displeases you in your console?

The amount of storage is my biggest complaint. I really would like to have had a much larger amount of storage. Also the fact that it can't play DVDs. Granted DVD players are pretty cheap, but it still would be nice.
I guess another one would be that it's region coded. Not that I personally play imported games, but I could see how that could bother many people, especially since the PS3 and 360 are region free.
The last thing and it's not really the console's fault is shovelware.

Your overall opinion about your console?

I love it, as long as more good games keep coming out (2 a year is fine with me), it'll be my console of choice along with my PS2 until they go to console heaven.

- Why did you buy Wii ?
To make others cry
Because the Wii is stuffed with uber goodness
The wireless controllers make it so much to play Zelda while shagging the GF.
Surely just making it in white is racist. There should be a black version on offer.
It would be better if it was able to make cups of tea.

I hope you find my answers useful :sick:

:sad: I have a game cube game stuck inside of my wii can someone please help me get it out

help

:sad: I have a game cube game stuck inside of my wii can someone please help me get it out

- Why did you buy Wii ?

The price was appealing but all in all the new direction that it was taking and the promises that were made.

To be honest I didn't look to far into the other consoles until after I bought the Wii so I knew more of the wii line up and such.

The first party titles, mario, zelda and metroid all are some of the greatest games in history.

The PAL problems, the online which has been dissapointing so far and lack of games

Good but I do have my regrets.

lilman said:
I'll give you 2 tips:

1) Don't double-post

2) Don't hijack someone else's thread with off-topic questions. Start your own thread.

Why did you buy a wii?

I bought a wii because I enjoy the nintendo series. With the gamecube ending its era I decided to buy the next generation of the system.

Why choose wii?

I am not interested in most of the other games for other systems.

Features?

I really enjoy the virtual console channel. Downloading older games and playing them is a great part of the wii/

Below Par Remarks?

I wish that nintendo made it easier to set up the system wifi connection. I have never been able to go on wifi because i don't know how.

Opinion?

Great games and interactive.

Back