Help with Wii Online Playing

cherry4249

WiiChat Member
Oct 11, 2007
Hi People,

Am sorry if i sound like dumb but i need help.
I bought a Wii console about a month ago and i heard that you can play againist other people on the internet.
Well i have set up my wifi connection but i need help on finding online games.
Is there a site that can tell me which games will play online againist other people? I've looked at cant seem to find one.
Also when i connect to the net on my wii it says that you can gain points to download games, how does this work? Can you get old games on the console some how??

In advance thank you for your help.

Wiipoints is obtained by either buying something like buying Wii Points Cards at local retailers (not recommended), or just using your credit card/debit card right there in the shopping channel to buy points. The points generally come at a conversion rate of around $1.00 for every 1,000 points, with the ability to buy 5,000, 10,000, or 20,000 points at a time.

Wi-fi games
As for the list, I didn't find any nicely compiled and constantly updated list at a gaming site, but Wikipedia always seems to come through.

There are many games but you can tell if it has wifi if you see
Nintendo_Wi-Fi_Connection_logo.png

on the box.
Although there are a lot of wi-fi games I would recommend Mario strikers charged or wait for Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Battalion Wars 2 each of which will have amazing online modes.

In the Wii Shop channel you can spend your Wii Points and download old NES, Super NES, Sega Genesis, and Nintendo 64 games right to your Wii Console. The games then become a channel in the main Wii menu. I would actually recommend buying Wii Points from a retailer via a wii points card. I'm not a fan of sending my credit card info over the 'net.

Back