Help with wii tennis

Mylos_but_Milos

WiiChat Member
Feb 10, 2007
Hey guys, I just got my wii the other day and Wii sports is the only game I have. I have a question about wii tennis though. I do pretty good when I am the player closer to the net rather than the one farthest away on the front side. Now when ever I try to serve I do that sucessful but I always end up hitting the ball out of play on the 2nd time. Now im not doing anything fancy with the remote, which I don't think your suppose to, im just hitting it either left or right depening which side the ball is coming from. In the book it sais somethign about the speed or timing of your hit depends on which way the direction the ball will go, but i have tried everything and can't seem to figure it out. Any suggestion on how I can become an overall better player at wii tennis, like tips with the wii remote, thanks guys. ;)

yeah, timing controls your direction of the ball...if you hit it earlier, it'll go one way,a nd if you wait a half second before hitting, it'l go to other way.

You can also lob the ball by doing kinda a upward swing to get it over the front opponent.

Also, if you time it correctly you can do a super fast serve every time. I haven't quite figured out how to curve the ball either yet, but I've done it a few times on accident.

Hope that helps though!

I've found that to curve the ball you need to follow through with your swing. This could hurt your timing on the next hit thought because they may hit it back to you quickly.
My strategy is to hit it to one corner 3-4 times and then hit it quickly to the opposite side. The computer player can't dive over there quick enough to hit the ball. Good luck!

Back