help with wiimote

karamel

WiiChat Member
May 24, 2007
hi i couldn't find anything resembling my type problem. the problem is that... i have 4 wii remotes. 2 are fine, but the other 2 seems to have a problem with thier sensor. when pointed at the screen. the hand shows up fine. but when rotating it to the left/right, the hand on the screen flickers on & off then sometimes stays off. the lights are still on on the remote, but no sensor [hand] on the screen or it flickers when moving the remote. is it just plain broken or something is wrong? they don't get any kind of abuse [dropping, throwing, hitting]. there are no obstacles in the way. 50" lcd.proj.screen. sensor bar is on top. 4-5 feet away when playing. it turns on & off the wii system just fine... as far as playing a game with the sensor messed up... gets kinda annoying... just wanna be sure that it's broken or if it can be fixed, i'd like to fix it. i already had to return one of the wiimotes because that happened only after about a week.

UPDATE:i've also put new batteries in. tried rechargeable, duracell, energizer & rayvoc & some panasonic/sony ones that i had lying around... all those worked fine in the 2 good remotes. but the 2 bad ones are still 'flickering sensor hand on screen' .

UPDATE:eek:h and also did the whole 're-programming' it to the wii system.

Thank You

Last edited:
Daft question but lets start from the beginning

karamel said:
hi i couldn't find anything resembling my type problem. the problem is that... i have 4 wii remotes. 2 are fine, but the other 2 seems to have a problem with thier sensor.

Have you swopped the batteries from the two that work into the two that don't?

hi yes, i've also put new batteries in. tried rechargeable, duracell, energizer & rayvoc & some panasonic/sony ones that i had lying around... all those worked fine in the 2 good remotes. but the 2 bad ones are still 'flickering sensor hand on screen' .

oh and also did the whole 're-programming' it to the wii system.

Last edited:
Oh dear

I had this problem with one of mine.

I'm assuming the buttons on the two dodgy remotes still work?

If so, Then Nintendo told me that the "motion sensor" inside the remote has broken:scared:

They told me to send it back and get a replacement.

:mad:

yes buttons still work. so what do i need to do? do i need the packaging?

In the Wii manual, there is a phone number, they're quite helpful.
To be honest I cheated, by buying a copy of Wii play, swopping the remotes round, taking it back claiming the remote doesn't work, then getting a new copy of Wii play with workable remote:smilewinkgrin:

miiguy said:
In the Wii manual, there is a phone number, they're quite helpful.

Thank you for the info!

miiguy said:
To be honest I cheated, by buying a copy of Wii play, swopping the remotes round, taking it back claiming the remote doesn't work, then getting a new copy of Wii play with workable remote:smilewinkgrin:

ha ha! :lol: hmmmmm... :rolleyes:

Back