help with WOW Please.

Gman1987

WiiChat Member
Jan 26, 2009
I just got the wii online and decided to try out CoD but when I try to play it tells me "this profile can't play online" :( So what am I doing wrong? Do you have to progress so far into the campaign mode first?

I just got the wii online and decided to try out CoD but when I try to play it tells me "this profile can't play online" :( So what am I doing wrong? Do you have to progress so far into the campaign mode first?

Usually it means someone else already is online using the same profile name. Try a different profile name and it should work (as long as it's not taken!)

Ha, that never even occurred to me. I'm surprised that name would be taken but I'll try another one tonight. Thanks for the help.

If you just throw a couple of numbers and symbols behind the name you desire then you can get it through.

Well that didn't work. I changed names and even just typed in random letters. Any other suggestions?

Well that didn't work. I changed names and even just typed in random letters. Any other suggestions?

Not sure what else would cause this. I had the message when I first tried to get online back in October, but it was the profile name issue. I chose a different name, and voila.

Maybe keep trying different, creative names, as there are now quite a few people online, and many are probably setting up multiple profiles. Good luck, and I hope that you can get online!

so I typed in qscft7 and got the same message then qscft71 and still the same. I just don't believe it is the username. Some one mind trying this username and seeing what happens?

I think it has something to do with parental restrictions. I tried to get online with mario cart and it said something about being restricted. Problem is I can't find where to turn the restrictions off at.

Last edited:
Got it working last night. It was the parental controls. I had to clear them before I could get in. Surely there is a way to suspend them while you play and then turn them back on when done.

Got it working last night. It was the parental controls. I had to clear them before I could get in. Surely there is a way to suspend them while you play and then turn them back on when done.

Not sure about any 'automated' parental control option. I'm glad you were at least able to isolate and resolve the problem and get online!

Back