Help....

thevaleter

WiiChat Member
Nov 28, 2007
South Yorkshire
Wii Online Code
7996-2705-3568-2700
Hi everyone
Just bought my first Wii console and over the moon. Just set it all up and then tried to connect to the Belkin Router I have (wirelessly)
It finds the router no problem, i have clicked on my router to connect to and entered the WEP key correctly (several times :mad5: ) but it just won't connect!!!

Does anyone have any ideas please

Thanks in advance

Craig

Try a manuel setup. Make sure you got the right match on your router and wii. meaning the WPA-PSK.

You may also check the range of your router. Is the Wii close to it or far away? Going through x number of walls/floors... etc.

When you say you cannot connect, do you mean with a connection test or actually trying to get onto the Wii Store?

FoxRox said:
You may also check the range of your router. Is the Wii close to it or far away? Going through x number of walls/floors... etc.

When you say you cannot connect, do you mean with a connection test or actually trying to get onto the Wii Store?

The router is in the same room as the Wii (approx 4 metres away). I do a search for the access points, it finds my router then i choose that connection. It prompts me for the WEP key which i input then it tests the connection but comes up with an error message saying check settings :crazy:

I have not tried to connect to the Wii store as I can't even get the connection :confused:

Thanks

DUDE I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM!!! I HAVE THE ANSWER!!
you have to have a wireless USB adapter in your pc to recieve from the router,
AND you must re fiddle with your pc's modem and phone and router's phone cables.

I was trying to figure out for days why it wasnt working. i did this and it worked.
AND I DID HAVE A BELKIN ROUTER

Lamar/TBD said:
AND you must re fiddle with your pc's modem and phone and router's phone cables.

I was trying to figure out for days why it wasnt working. i did this and it worked.

Cool thanks, off to ebay it is then :lol:

Cheers :thumbsup:

i had a lot of problems with a belkin router when i tried to hook it up wirelessly, i eventually got fed up and bought a lan adapter.

Lamar/TBD said:

That makes no sense. A router is stand-alone. Once it's been configured, it doesn't require a PC with a wireless adapter (or any PC at all) to function.

well what you can do is...

reset ur router to factory settings and it might work just like what i did to my friend's

Do you have Norton, McAfee, etc.?
If so, go onto the "Ports" menu or whatever,
and uncheck some until the Wii's Wi-Fi works,
I forget which ones,
virus check,
and voila!

AceAlabama said:
Do you have Norton, McAfee, etc.?
If so, go onto the "Ports" menu or whatever,
and uncheck some until the Wii's Wi-Fi works,
I forget which ones,
virus check,
and voila!

As someone else mentioned, the PC on the network doesn't have anything to do with connecting a Wii directly to a wireless router.

Wii -> WiFi Router -> DSL/Cablemodem/Etc.

PC -> Router [WiFi or cable] -> DSL/Cablemodem/Etc.

[DT] said:
As someone else mentioned, the PC on the network doesn't have anything to do with connecting a Wii directly to a wireless router.

Wii -> WiFi Router -> DSL/Cablemodem/Etc.

PC -> Router [WiFi or cable] -> DSL/Cablemodem/Etc.

I was speaking of the Wi-Fi USB adaptor.
:lol:
Sorry!

Lamar/TBD said:

thats just stupid...

The router might have been set to the wrong channel setting or something...

Back