Hey guys I need your help Part 2

Mikeo22

WiiChat Member
Oct 29, 2007
So you may rember me from the last thread about my xbox live problem. So i came up with 2 more solutions and i need you guys to tell me if you think they would work. If i plugged an old PC into my wall then from that pc put an ethernet from the pc to an ethernet hub, then from ethernet hub connected my xbox live ethernet to the hub then xbox live ethernet to my 360 then 360 to my wall, would that give me a wired connection? And my last idea is i need some of you guys to give me links for some cheap modems ect.

do you mind drawing that out in MS paint or something because i have no idea wtf you are talking about.

You need to connect it directly to you Xbox 360. If not you need a router, and if you want to use a wireless one then you'll need a wireless adapter for your Xbox 360.

ok i already have a wireless router, and thats how i play xbox live at the moment but my pc is down stairs and i want to play upstairs, so i was thinking of taking my old pc and putting it up in my room and then putting my router in my room but then i still need a modem to hook up my pc

You don't need a computer to use a modem or router.

Just connect your modem to the router, and then the router to the computer.

Back