Hey guys!

Cprjoey123

WiiChat Member
Oct 13, 2012
My name is Joseph and I work on video game systems of all kinds. I look forward to working with each and everyone of you!

I've worked on everything from the old school nintendo NES console to the xbox 360, wii, and playstation 3. And no, I don't work on them in my basement, I actually work on them for an electronic repair shop.

Welcome t' Wiichat, Joseph. Hope ya enjoy the forums. :thumbsup:

... Actually, I've got a technical question for ya already, if ya wouldn't mind answering. :lol: Have you repaired any Wii that would refuse to play dual-layered discs only? If so, got any tips to help me resolve my own Wii's issue? I take it I'd need t' open it up and tinker with some of the disc drive's gadgets and I've been rather hesitant t' take the initiative with only youtube guides to help me.

I've worked on everything from the old school nintendo NES console to the xbox 360, wii, and playstation 3. And no, I don't work on them in my basement, I actually work on them for an electronic repair shop.

...and here I was hoping for another "closet electronics basement-dweller!" Darn...he's a real pro!! pft LOL So yeah, welcome to wiichat! Nice to have another techno-junkie on the forums!

To SSBfreakCK, I have actually ran into this problem the other day for the first time. I simply took it apart, cleaned the laser with rubbing alcohol and a qtip and then dried it with the other side of the qtip. It worked fine for me after that.

To TampaBondo thanks hahaha.

It's that simple of a fix, eh? Looks like I'll be orderin' one'a them tri-wing screwdrivers soon enough. Thanks for answerin' Joseph. =)

... Actually, I've got a technical question for ya already, if ya wouldn't mind answering. :lol: Have you repaired any Wii that would refuse to play dual-layered discs only? If so, got any tips to help me resolve my own Wii's issue? I take it I'd need t' open it up and tinker with some of the disc drive's gadgets and I've been rather hesitant t' take the initiative with only youtube guides to help me.

Sometimes the problem is that you need a new lens rather than it just needing a cleaning.

disappointment*

I won't really care if I do fail t' fix my Wii, in all honesty. Brawl will just absorb all my gaming time again. I'd prefer t' just play it like the Smash Bros. maniac I am rather than explore retro games, and I'd also prefer to not fall into that habit again. :lol:

disappointment*

lolno. That was intentional spelling.

SSBfreakCK said:
I won't really care if I do fail t' fix my Wii, in all honesty. Brawl will just absorb all my gaming time again. I'd prefer t' just play it like the Smash Bros. maniac I am rather than explore retro games, and I'd also prefer to not fall into that habit again. :lol:

You aren't planning on playing any other Wii games....?

Oh, I forgot 'bout Xenoblade and that... uh, other one. :lol: The Last Story, was it? Those cost larger amounts of money than said retro games, I'll get my hands on 'em eventually.

lolno. That was intentional spelling.

riiiiiiiiiight

Back