Hey Newbie here

CannonBall

WiiChat Member
Dec 23, 2007
Ok I'm new to the Wii stuff..... so new that it has not been opened yet. Our son is getting a Wii and a DS from Santa this year. I did unbox the Wii this afternoon to make sure that I could get it connected to my wireless network and I had and issue but with the help of this site I was able to resolve this issue. Thank You.

Hello and welcome to WiiChat, CannonBall!
You can call me Icy for short:cornut:
If you have any problems, concerns, and/or ?'s then feel free to ask.
Glad to see that the site has already helped you. Hope your son enjoys the Wii and DS!

ello11lf5.jpg

Glad wii could help

Remember thow
ITS THE KIDS PRESENT
So dont hog it on xmas day

CannonBall said:
Ok I'm new to the Wii stuff..... so new that it has not been opened yet. Our son is getting a Wii and a DS from Santa this year. I did unbox the Wii this afternoon to make sure that I could get it connected to my wireless network and I had and issue but with the help of this site I was able to resolve this issue. Thank You.

sure, "connect it to ur notebook"...we all know what u were doin.:ihih:
did you check if the cables fit on the tv, and if the game works too?? lol jk, welcome to wiichat, glad we could help!

Thanks Ice! I'm sure I will have alot of questions about this thing. How do you purchase the old NES games and can you browse the internet with the Wii ?

lol yeah, if he did hook it up and play it for af ew hours could anybody here really blame him? hope your kid likes his wii/ds. welcome to wiichat.

well if you connected it to the internet, you can purchase games by getting wiipoints and using them on the virtual console channel.

SensesFail said:
lol yeah, if he did hook it up and play it for af ew hours could anybody here really blame him? hope your kid likes his wii/ds. welcome to wiichat.

lol my little brother is gettin a ds for christmas, i tried to convince my mom to let me try it out lol

Last edited:
Of course I had to check out the cables and make sure that the game works... had to make sure everything worked but like I told my wife if it doesnt work its not like you can take it back to the store today and get another one.....

The main reason (what I told my wife anyway) that I went ahead and hooked it up was to get the updates to it. I figured that If I waited until Christmas morning that it could take longer to download the updates due to the volume of people trying to access the site. Now all I have to do is hook it back up to the TV after Santa comes.... I cant wait this thing looks like its going to be fun!

Wii Sports was cool. The only one that I tried was the bowling game. Of course I got the Tiger Woods 08 for my stocking stuffer :wink: but my wife wouldnt let me try that one out..... Only a couple more days to go.... I'm more excited than our son I think.....

yeah, only thing worse than not knowing if you're gonna get a wii or not is knowing there's a wii ready to be played just in your grasp, but you can't yet play it.

Back