Hi all , Error 206401

Excess

WiiChat Member
Jul 26, 2007
Hi all,

I've had my Wii for 24 hours so be easy :D! well I've setup everything fine via my wireless network but i keep getting Error 206401.

Ive goggled this:

Wii Error 206401

You may receive this error while attempting to link your MyNintendo account to the Wii Store. This comes as a result of non-alphanumeric characters in either your login name or password. To work around this problem, simply remove these characters, apply the changes to your MyNintendo account, and try again. (vie email, thanks Robert)

But i have no idea what else to do.

are you trying to access the Shop Channel? cause this error means simply try again.

yeah i'm trying to access the shop , ive been trying since 5pm :) no luck at all.

News / weather n all that works :)

Question:

how do i find my buddy/friend key/number?

dude i hate it when that happens. i just think that the connection is bad where you are try moving it somewhere else.
how do i find my buddy/friend key/number? if you mean his wii number you go to your mail place then go to the wite letter thing in the conner,then go to your address book and yours is there.you give it to your friend he gives his to you.you type it in and there you go!

Last edited:
nope its been in one place :) kinda annoying for new people with Wii's who want to explore imo , if this is the case then ill keep trying then :)

Question:

how do i find my buddy/friend key/number?

from wii menu go to to the bottom right corner.

then click the thing that says create message.

on the right it says address book. on the first page will be your number.

then there's 20 more pages for all your friends.

Thanks guys :D

Well i've finally managed to get on to the shop but from the nintendo-euro website that i've linked to via the wii , says i have 0 points :( the website says otherwise!! , so i take it i have to buy more points?

Excess said:

Well i've finally managed to get on to the shop but from the nintendo-euro website that i've linked to via the wii , says i have 0 points :( the website says otherwise!! , so i take it i have to buy more points?
well you can buy wii points from stores and things its 2000 wii points at a time.

Excess said:

Yeah.
You probably need to buy points.

Excess said:
sigh :/ okiedokie , any idea of prices?
1 dollar per 100 points. but you can only buy in incriments of 1000, 2000, 3000, and 5000 points.

You all did , thanks again :) Wii works like a dream now very much worth the buy :D cant wait for next year when we can play online :)

Back