Hi Everyone! Noob here...can I ask some questions? :)

amocksun

WiiChat Member
Feb 24, 2009
Wii Online Code
3671-1261-2844-3167
Hello everyone! I have had my Wii for almost 2 years I think and I've never added any friend codes. When I tried before I got confused and didn't really have anyone to help me.

Anyway, I am really excited about the prospect of playing online, but totally confused. First of all, would anyone like to play Mario Kart? But also, I guess I just don't understand what will happen once I add friends- like will I see anytime they are on their Wii, like an IM? Can we chat while we race? Can we race jsut against each other, or in groups? Or choose to join in the same race that is usually randomly selected when you race online?

As I said, I know all this is incredibly noobish...I really have no clue what I'm doing. I read the FAQs and found my friend code, and read how to add someone's. OH! And I think what confused me before was that isn't there a seperate friend code for Mario Kart?

If anyone feels like taking my clueless self under their wing...please feel free :)

I don't play Mario Kart that much these days but I'm happy to answer your questions. When you add a person's 16-digit Wii code, you can send messages to their Wii message board and some other activities. The other person must also add your Wii code. You won't be able see when they are using their Wii. There is also a separate 12-digit friend code for each game that you can play online. Again, the other person must also add your code. When you add that code and go online, you can see if your friends are online. Mario Kart has pre-made messages that you can send before the race, unfortunately you cannot type in your own messages. You can race with just your friends or join a worldwide race that a friend is in. Hope I was helpful. :)

I don't play Mario Kart that much these days but I'm happy to answer your questions. When you add a person's 16-digit Wii code, you can send messages to their Wii message board and some other activities. The other person must also add your Wii code. You won't be able see when they are using their Wii. There is also a separate 12-digit friend code for each game that you can play online. Again, the other person must also add your code. When you add that code and go online, you can see if your friends are online. Mario Kart has pre-made messages that you can send before the race, unfortunately you cannot type in your own messages. You can race with just your friends or join a worldwide race that a friend is in. Hope I was helpful. :)

It was, thanks! That sucks that you can't type in Mario Kart though :( What about the other Mario games (lol, I'm not even sure which are online but I know Brawl is)? And what is the etiquette here with friend codes? I see people posting theirs, but even if I add them, don't they have to add mine? How will they know to? Is it like a lottery lol?

It was, thanks! That sucks that you can't type in Mario Kart though :( What about the other Mario games (lol, I'm not even sure which are online but I know Brawl is)? And what is the etiquette here with friend codes? I see people posting theirs, but even if I add them, don't they have to add mine? How will they know to? Is it like a lottery lol?

I don't think there are other Mario games that can be played online besides Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario Strikers Charged and Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games. If you want to post your friend code, please do it in the friend codes section of the forum. The idea is to exchange friend codes with people, such that they have your code added and you have theirs. All you have to do is ask them. The worst they can really do is say no.

Back