Hi, From St. Paul, MN, USA

Chompy

WiiChat Member
Aug 30, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0002-2156
Hi, all! Fifty-eight, soon to be fifty-nine, year-old woman who loves her Wii. My favs are Mario, Skylanders and Disney Infinity. Have just ordered Toy Story along with Woody. And 12 new Skylanders. Am debating if I should pre-order Skylanders Trap Team or to just wait. And should I also get Trap Team Dark Edition? Probably.

Have also ordered two CSI mysteries, and one NCIS mystery, along with Titanic Mystery, and Sonic and The Black Knight (I already have the first in the series, Sonic and The Magic Rings). And I have my Sims III for both the Wii and my computer.

No children, no grandchildren. Just me. I find the games fun, entertaining - like a kid they can keep me occupied all day, and not all that easy. Though I'm finding SWAP Force to be much easier than Giants. I've not the coordination I had back in the day, and I'm a creative with zero logic so some of the puzzles stymie me. But if the games and puzzles were easy, I'd not like them as much.

Have become addicted to collecting my Skylanders. And I even like putting my stickers on my posters. LOL!

I guess I'm just a big kid at heart. :lovewii: At this late stage, I see no reason to ever grow up! :yesnod:

Chompy

PS Let me say at the outset, I have yet to win and/or complete a single game. Heck, in Super Mario Brothers I rarely get to level Two! I get bored or a game sounds fun. I could never just have one game and finish that before I got another one. Way too boring.

Last edited:
Thank you, Tragonight. I appreciate the warm welcome.

Mr. MR, nice of you to stop by and welcome me. I call my cat Mr. Mr. For no special reason. It just rolls off the tongue.

I've two of those, too. Two Pugs, Pickles and Ellie. I'm a well rounded woman.

Welcome t' the forums, Chompy. Hope ya've found 'em to your liking.

Truth be told, I'm ascat man. Ain't very partial to dogs, though the blame for that lies solely with all'a the poorly-trained hounds I've known. Regardless, I've certainly no bone to pick with a well raised canine. Very pleasant pets when trained proper 'n such.

I'm a creative with zero logic so some of the puzzles stymie me.

Ahh, I'm the exact opposite... all logic, bugger-all creativity. Puzzles still give me trouble... >_>;

And bugger all logic, Mr. Splash-King, sir. :confused: I shall be knocking on *your* door for help with the puzzles. Thing is, even the ones I can figure out, I keep getting pooped out and have to go rest. Must be carryin' too much weight around...

Oh! And thanks for the welcome!

Just wanted to add a bit more. I've been reading all these OLD posts wondering if someone is too old to play Skylanders. My feeling is if you have to ask you're not only too old but your brain is fossilized and the future looks very dark. Just had to say that. I'm lucky I'm all "growed" up. Nobuddy telling ME what to do! I play my wii, mostly skylanders, all day long! :) For hours, I tell you! And 60 is only one year and six months away! Hehehehe.

I think it's because I grew up with games. I was playing Atari and Commadore 64 in my late teens and then went on to games on computers in the 90s. Most folks my age were playing games. We never gave a thought to age. It was there and fun to do. A way to pass time. Age did or didn't have a thing to do with it.

I've been playing games longer than most'o your guys have been alive. That, kind'a bothers me here. I don't know if the "kids" (anyone younger than 40 is a kid!) will talk to me. And I wonder if there are any adults that will come out of the closet. Actually, I wonder if there's anyone here but me and Mr. King, Sir. Nobuddy talks but us.

I guess this is old hat. But I like it here (Yes, I do, Mr. King.) as I can talk about ALL my games. Not just one. Oh, well. I don't mind talking to myself. And Mr. King, Sir, will drop by now and then to give me someone to talk to. It should be okay.

Whenever someone ponders on the subject of appropriate ages for kid-friendly activities 'n interests, especially gaming, I toss this quote around.

C.S. Lewis said:
Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development.

When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.

Skylanders certainly is targeted at the specific audience of children, but this does not at all take away from the fact an adult can enjoy the games. It is thoroughly irrelevant what a target audience for a form of entertainment is. All that matters is that ya enjoy it.

Though I'm certainly still a youngster and am only 22, the public eye would generally frown on the fact I still play Pokemon games. I say sod the public eye, I'll still be enjoyin' these "childish" games fifty years from now lol. I won't bear any shame nor second thoughts about enjoyin' a video game I adore. The common disdain for "childish" interests is little more than those who're immature praising all things adult, bashing all things not. Such a thoughtless, indiscriminate notion ain't worth payin' any attention to lol.

I wonder if there are any adults that will come out of the closet.

We've a few adults that drop by every once in awhile. Most of them fancy Goldeneye 007. Ol' TampaBondo is the one who comes 'round most often, I reckon.

Actually, I wonder if there's anyone here but me and Mr. King, Sir. Nobuddy talks but us.

We do have some dedicated members, but it sorely depends on what you're talkin' about to make 'em talk... apparently, we're the only two that enjoy a long-winded tangent about things 'n such.

Ya may not of noticed yet, but I'm quite the rambler when given the chance lol.

Though I'm certainly still a youngster and am only 22, the public eye would generally frown on the fact I still play Pokemon games. I say sod the public eye, I'll still be enjoyin' these "childish" games fifty years from now lol. I won't bear any shame nor second thoughts about enjoyin' a video game I adore. The common disdain for "childish" interests is little more than those who're immature praising all things adult, bashing all things not. Such a thoughtless, indiscriminate notion ain't worth payin' any attention to lol.

We do have some dedicated members, but it sorely depends on what you're talkin' about to make 'em talk... apparently, we're the only two that enjoy a long-winded tangent about things 'n such.

Ya may not of noticed yet, but I'm quite the rambler when given the chance lol.

Rambling's fine. I enjoy having a compatriot in language exchange. It's nice to have someone to discuss things with.

You have certainly learned a lot (good stuff) in 22 years. As long as what you're doing is not harmful to you or others, have at it. Hey! You're one of THOSE that haven't been around as long as I've played computer games! LOL!!! You come across as much older as you seem to have a good head on your shoulders. It being thought that age brings maturity. LOL!!! I'm here to disprove that! :)

I really like that quote from Lewis. Thanks for finding it. It really is true isn't it? Very nice quote.

You have certainly learned a lot (good stuff) in 22 years. You come across as much older as you seem to have a good head on your shoulders.

I'll happily take that compliment, as I very much prize my head. I'll have ya know my hair is quite lovely. x)

It being thought that age brings maturity. LOL!!!

Laughable indeed lol. Age only brings experience... and as we all know, it's not how many level ups you achieve, it's how ya apply those level ups to your stats. Hence why imbeciles that ignore their intelligence stat tend to fail miserably in the end-game... if ya catch my drift.

I really like that quote from Lewis. Thanks for finding it. It really is true isn't it? Very nice quote.

Aye, it's a great one. In my teen years I always pondered how to perfectly respond t' anyone hecklin' me over playin' Pokemon. Needless to say I was rather happy when I discovered that quote.

Last edited:
Why is Lewis so familiar? Did he write "Alice...," et al?

You know, I got to thinking. I do that, think, from time-to-time. And our 'friendship' is another example of that age thing. I'm old enough to be your mother. But I enjoy your company and talking to you. It's not how old you are, but what you are. It's what you do with whatcha got. It's focusing on the common ground and not the the extreme differences.

Minds. They are fascinating gizmos. I really like mine.

Back