hi ya everybody

mrburgers

WiiChat Member
Dec 5, 2011
west bromwich
i have just brought a new blue nintendo wii when i got the box home i noticed that on the back of the box it says gamecube games not supported does anybody know anything about this . faverite games metroid trilogy and zelda and mario:sick:

When buying a Wii game, check the back of the box and it will say if it's gamecube compatible. Your Wii has slots for GC controllers, right? Regarding the Wii console saying it's not gamecube compatible, I've never seen that before.

hi just double cheked and this is what it says ,note the wii consoleincluded in the mario and sonic at the london2012 olypic games limited edition pack is notcompatible with nintendo gamecube game discs or accessories ,,. do you recon its saying that mario is not compatible with game cube,strange

The newest versions of the Wii aren't backwards compatible... Nintendo thought backwards compatibility was pointless, since they believed everyone who would want to play 'cube games already got their Wii. =/ It would be wise to try hard for a full refund, and get an older Wii that is backwards compatible with gamecube games.

i cant be botherd to get a refund but not to bothered about backwards compataliblity but it would have been nice to know it was there i havnt got a gamecube to try and wii is under the tree till 25th

Back