Hmm... starting to want one now.

Homesrfan

ftw
Nov 1, 2006
Right now - without even playing it, I want the XBox 360. At first I thought the prices were 400-500$ and I thought it was as much of a ripoff as the PS3, but I recently learned they were $300-400... where have I been?

Anyways - you think the prices will be lower by next Christmas? It will be 2 years since the launch... I don't know if that's enough to reduce the price...

There's been a huge rumor that Ebay is selling 360's for 100 dollars on Black Friday (The day after Thanksgiving.).

Definitely know what you mean, gears of war has pretty much swung it for me... question is can i really justify buying 2 new consoles right now :(

i0n said:
Definitely know what you mean, gears of war has pretty much swung it for me... question is can i really justify buying 2 new consoles right now :(

Yes... just convince yourself that they are a necesity to continue living. :lol: Honestly the 360 is amazing and a PERFECT companion to the much less powerful and non online capable Wii. I still play my 360 just as much as I do my Wii.

yea, im planning on getting a 360 early next year, once i replenish my funds a bit.. i mean after Wii + games + christmas presents for people..im tapped.. so i gotta wait a bit

i0n said:

you are at least aloud to buy more than the wii . My mom says i can
only get 1 console in 3 years :p But that's ok cause cause i only buy
nintendo consoles.

I just went to EB and asked how many consoles they would get :) they'l get 50 consoles ... I'm number 11:cool: :smilewinkgrin:

i spent so much money on video game consoles this month it isn't funny.
$550 for the wii + games + controllers, $180 for the ps2 + ffxii... i would love to get my hands on a cheap xbox 360 prem with gow though =D

need more money!

you can get the 360 for cheapter at toysrus, there offering a 360 for like $400 and they give u a $100 gift card

microcenter is doing a $100 rebate for the 360.... the price isn't lower, but some stores are giving incentives to buy one...

but its a sold choice, they have a sold lineup of games and there live is the best....

i had a 360 pro waiting for me still in box with a copy of GoW, but the draw of the wii is too powerful. for my being a poor college student, the wii just seems like a better choice for me. took the 360 back to the store and now i'm waiting til the 17th to camp out and get a WII:yesnod: i'm still planning on getting a 360, but over the summer when i have more fund-age because i won't be paying for schoolin'

for me hte 360 had a more powerful pull..... but i have both.. but yea.. u should get the 360 one day....

i dont know what had a powerful pull cause day 1 i said i want a 360 but then after i got it iwas like i want a wii,still do:frown2:

Microsoft has done pretty much everything right with this console. The Xbox Live for the 360 is SOLID, and they are adding new features all the time, if Sony and Nintendo are smart they will study what Microsoft has done and go that direction. The only thing I don't like about XboxLIVE is sometimes the banners almost seem like ads or commercials. And this doesn't fly with me, I'm a Gold Member, I pay. If you want to give me banner ads then give me a discount or give me free access. I could see them doing ads on the free account stuff, but atleast give gold members the option not to see ads.

Other then that I love my 360, so many solid games. Nice features like being able to DL SD/HD movies, TV shows, events has only added to 360's power. I would highly recommend buying a 360, one thing you might want to look for are the deals where you buy a 360 and get a game of your choice, like Gears of War :p

Back