Hodson closes on March 1st

castlezelda

WiiChat Member
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Hudson is one of the most recognizable developers in the gaming world, responsible for popular games like Bomberman, Mario Party and Bonk. Sadly, Hudson’s reign over fun comes to an end March 1, just over a year after the studio was acquired by Konami Digital Entertainment.

mfhud2.jpg

While Konami had originally signaled its intent to keep the studio open and harness its experience in the mobile and social gaming markets, it appears that someone in the company must have had a change of heart. As of March 1, Hudson and all of its properties will be absorbed into the Konami machine – there’s no word on whether the company intends to continue with Hudson’s franchises.

It’s a dark day for fans of simple, fun and cute games – a genre of which Hudson was one of the masters. So pour a drink out for Hudson in March, and fire up some Bomberman to wish them a fond farewell.

Do you think Konami will revive any of Hudson’s franchises?

More-->Edge

Wow I feel so sad but I knew something would happen(Hudson's latest drop in sales) but I think they will keep the Mario Party series but abolish Bomberman and Bonk and plus they've had lists of disappointing games but they will never ever be truly dead

This world is derp cod is overrated and fps are just the same thing no differences at all

Hudson noooooooo... ... ... D:

Oh wait, this isn't the 90's. Nevermind, no big loss.

As the karpmod said..."This isn't the 90's"
So no real loss here. Haven't even liked a bomberman game since the SNES and the 64 one.

As far as Mario Party goes...that will most definetly continue.

Back