Hola...

MAD Kow

WiiChat Member
Feb 1, 2011
Just registered... found the site looking for some Wii answers on the net. Seems like this is a good place with a lot of info... The kids and I spend quite a bit of time on the Wii and love it despite it's limitations. We bought ours when they first came out.

A brief history. Forgive me if I ramble on, but this I why I'm here and I thought I'd just throw it out there... My 10yo son and I installed the Homebrew channel back when the system was 4.1 and everything was great. We hacked a few games (Mario, COD WOW...etc) for private matches but I taught my kids not to cheat against other players just to get ahead. They understood, they "get it" and have run into cheaters online before.

So.. along comes Black Ops and sure enough we go to play it the first time and it wants to update the system and warning warning warning blah blah... so I shut it down. Without thinking.. or researching to see if it was necessary....(because it's Xmas morning and they want to play it NOW) I take all the homebrew crap off the system and wipe the SD clean and update to 4.3 (Dumb@$$! Moron! Stupid Stupid Stupid)... MAN, I wish I hadn't done that. Everything works great but no more Homebrew! Dang-it that $ucks.

Anyhow, fast forward to a couple months later. Since 4.3 is a lot more complicated to Mod and install homebrew and I'm a complete n00b, I had my system soft modded a week ago. It's a little glitchy, but we got Homebrew and some more fun stuff. Now I'm looking into other options since the USB drive that is now installed has taken up all my slots and I had to disconnect the hard line and go back to wireless and all it's lagtacular glory. So here I am.

This is not question. Please don't pound on me to search the forums... I am going to do that next. I will do my best not to ask a question that has already been asked. Sorry to ramble... I've had too much coffee this morning. So that's my story...

Ya got a nice place here! Mind if I look around? Hey are you going to finish that pizza?

yeah i drink too much coffee too... welcome aboard! just don't expect any help for whatever hacking problems you might be having; the site owners frown on discussing the stuff at the very least.

OK thanks Skid! That explains why I'm not finding much. Now I know... let's pretend all of this Neeeeeevvvvveerrr happened!

Let me start over.... my family and I love our Wii. We insist on keeping it in it's original pristine state. We haven't even taken it out of the box yet! I still have my receipt from Nov. 21, 2006 taped to back. Though my kids are just begging me to plug it and use it ...

lol it's funny that you want to teach your kids a lesson about cheating and turn them on to pirated games... we don't judge, only suggest that there are other places on the internet for that stuff.

Hello, my name is MAD Kow and I am a hypocrite. It all started back when I was a young bull... oh wait, wrong forum. My bad.

Creeeek Bump Clunk
"Sound of door hitting @$$ on way out"

Hello, Mad Kow, I too bought the Wii on launch day and now I have three of them...I haven't modded any of them, do you recommend it? I wouldn't do it anyway, lol. By the way, you really are funny, man!!!

No I do not recommend modding. I almost wish I hadn't done it... kinda like marriage. Ya see.. oh crap my wife's coming. GTG

Lol, you should be Wiichat's comedian or something...Hey there's lots of Wiichatters with modded Wiis, I guess you're just not having any luck in this your thread....

Axtlar I thought we weren't supposed to talk about that? Maybe we should have a secret code... something NOooobody else can figure out.... something like Wodded Mii's

Shhhhh I think this thread is being tapped. NO.. Is that a black helicopters over my house! We need a better code word. How about "Bloated dead skunk" that's it! It's just crazy enough to work. I'll try it out...

Just registered... found the site looking for some bloated dead skunk answers on the net. Seems like this is a good place with a lot of info... The kids and I spend quite a bit of time on our Bloated Dead Skunk and love it despite it's limitations.

Perfect! Now on with the show....

You guys are going to have let me in now that I know you code.
If you don't let me in I'm going to the authorities (prinny).

LOL....... NO SERIOUSLY.

wait there is one fix we are allowed to talk about, it's easy:

1 pick up your wii

2 throw it in the garbage

3 buy a new one

just three easy steps!

Back