Holiday Season?

XmaXonX

WiiChat Member
Aug 14, 2007
Do you think that the Wii will outsell the Xbox 360 or PS3 this holiday season? The Xbox 360 does have some good games coming out that are appealing such as the big HALO 3. And on that matter, the Wii of course has many games coming out that will more than likely boost sales of the Nintendo Wii.

So what is your opinion?

I personally dont know what to expect. Both systems have good lineups that are coming up.

With Halo 3 coming out this fall I predict that Xbox 360 console sales will go up. However with the Wii still selling out we're just going to have to wait and see.

well the wii has already out sold the ps3 by alot and it is closing in on the 360. But i feel by December 25th the wii will have outsold the 360. Even without the big upcoming games i think the wii will out sale the 360 i mean look at the stores you can easily go buy a 360 but you cant easily go buy a wii.

i think it will be close. like halo3 has like the sam rep as ssmb and metriod prime 3 wii equal up to bioshock. both getting guitar hero. i think though super mario galaxy will tip wii into first.

SUTA said:
i think it will be close. like halo3 has like the sam rep as ssmb and metriod prime 3 wii equal up to bioshock. both getting guitar hero. i think though super mario galaxy will tip wii into first.
I don't think it is these "hardcore" titles that are going to get them the sales. They are going to sell well because the Wii appeals to non-gamers and stuff, so there is a much wider array of people that may purchase one. If the sales were based completely on these "hardcore" games then I think we all know that the 360 would sale much better. Halo generates much more hype than SSBB and Metroid.

paintba||er said:

I don't think it is these "hardcore" titles that are going to get them the sales. They are going to sell well because the Wii appeals to non-gamers and stuff, so there is a much wider array of people that may purchase one. If the sales were based completely on these "hardcore" games then I think we all know that the 360 would sale much better. Halo generates much more hype than SSBB and Metroid.

Halo 3 hype = ssbb, metroid 3 and super mario galaxy together.

Tough call`.. isnt wii fit coming out?

paintba||er said:

Well the thing is, if what you say is true, then the non-gamers have already got their share. I mean all those games coming out do not appeal to non-gamers, except for maybe Brawl. So when titles like Galaxy, Metroid and even Brawl come out, those gamers that have been waiting for the Wii to have some good games will come out and start buying some. Also, these gamers will not only look forward to the exclusives, but when the other games like Guitar Hero and Smackdown vs. Raw 2008 come out, people will not look to buy the other systems because the Wii has their games plus those ones.
Halo changing all that seems hard but it is possible, however I would have to say more people already have a 360 because its had some decent games for a while, the Wii is starting to get there.

So I would say though, that if the Wii doesn't have any delay's and manufacturing problems, then it will sell pretty well, demand may leave some gamers in the cold though around the Holiday season.

paintba||er said:

true, but remeber halo3 is coming out 2 months sooner. once thats and getting a little old(notice i said "little") allmost the hype will move to brawl(everyone will be wanting to try it, even with there halo 3 to last them a long long while)
but yes, the wii does seem to have that attraction to non gamers.i'm just saying they help

paintba||er said:

If that was true, then why didn't the GC sell well? It had Metroid, Mario, and Smash Brothers.

One I would say is, that Super Mario Sunshine was disliked by many.
Gamcube didn't have a variety, that was way more kid friendly than the Wii is now.
Some franchises just started kicking, and personally I think that no DVD hurt it.
Just my thoughts.

paintba||er said:

If that was true, then why didn't the GC sell well? It had Metroid, Mario, and Smash Brothers.
gc= lame controls and only metriod and melee are good games
ps2=good controls and tons of good games
xbox/xbox360(time b4 wii)=good controls and good games

wii=interactive good controls and good games(soon)
ps3=ps2 with good graphics
xbox360=good controls and a headstart on good games

SUTA said:
gc= lame controls and only metriod and melee are good games
ps2=good controls and tons of good games
xbox/xbox360(time b4 wii)=good controls and good games

wii=interactive good controls and good games(soon)
ps3=ps2 with good graphics
xbox360=good controls and a headstart on good games
How did the PS2 and Xbox have better controls than the GC? They all just used gamepads, they weren't extremely different.........ugh....I don't want this to turn into another argument about Wii games, but I don't think that they are in much better of a situation than the GC was. What good games does the Wii have that the GC didn't have an equivalent of? All the Nintendo franchises that everyone loves are pretty much the same as they were last generation.

paintba||er said:

All the Nintendo franchises that everyone loves are pretty much the same as they were last generation.

Well thats true and not true at the same time.
That can be said about the other systems as well.

Back