Holiday Season?

paintba||er said:
What good games does the Wii have that the GC didn't have an equivalent of? All the Nintendo franchises that everyone loves are pretty much the same as they were last generation.
notice i said soon, and ya its not too different but wii controls do change alot. also there are alot more t and m rated games the gc had like resident evil 4.

i just couldn't stand playing on gc controllers.ps2 timesplitters i loved. i didn't enjoy gc version though there the same game. i just didn't like how it controller was set up. it ruined my joy of gc.

and ya before we do get in a huge "wii game" judgement, we should just see what happens. who knows what will happen

paintba||er said:

Yes it can. But the other systems sold well, so that would be a good thing.

End of 2005
PS2 - 101.37 million
XBX - 24 million
GCN - 20.61 million

Yeah xbox sold so much more than the cube did..
So really the gamecube didn't sell that badly.

CantGetAWii said:
End of 2005
PS2 - 101.37 million
XBX - 24 million
GCN - 20.61 million

Yeah xbox sold so much more than the cube did..
So really the gamecube didn't sell that badly.
going to have to go against you here. xbox came out around november 2004
gc came out in 2002
meaning in about a year xbox almost beat gc.

SUTA said:
going to have to go against you here. xbox came out around november 2004
gc came out in 2002
meaning in about a year xbox almost beat gc.

Actually the Gamcube came out in September of 2001.
Xbox launched November 15th 2001.

The Wii will surpase the 360 in total sales by the end of the year, so holiday sales is pointless. Even if the 360 were able to outsell the Wii for 1 month, it has had a year head start and is already getting it's butt handed to it. Price drops anyone?

If Wii Fit came out in November, then it would be all she wrote for the other consoles. So, it is probably better that it is coming out in January so they can up the supply (as much as possible) before even more non-traditional gamers start buying Wii's.

Halo 3 won't get more hard core gamers to 360, they already have their 360.

Its great seeing this. I just wanted to try to spark some discussion.

I think it may do as most people that wanted 360's will have had them last Christmas. Theres bound to be quite a few people that are holding off until the end of the year to buy Wii's as presents.

I think Wii will outsell xbox360 too consider the fact that it's still hard to find a wii at stores, plus, I saw more games pop out on EBgames web site toward the holiday season

I think that the Wii will outsell the Xbox 360 when all of the big titles come out like SSBB, Metroid 3, Super Mario Galaxy, Battalion Wars 2 etc.. And I think that Super Smash is just as good as Halo imo. Btw, isn't Halo 3 coming out for the Original Xbox or PC? o_O

The wii can fight the Xbox 360 and PS3 all it wants.

I just know next round, with the next gen consoles, Nintendo better give us an amazing console.

With the money they're pulling in, there's little to no excuses that they can't give us a console with great gameplay AND great graphics. By this time, Sony and Microsoft will have fine tuned their gameplay to make it an awesome experience that rival's Nintendo's. Possibly even better.

But if they give us a console that's underpowered, then we'll all have to conclude Nintendo cares much more about the money in their pockets than the consumers. I just all this money they're banking on the wii won't go to their head.

Back