HOLY CRAP! Super Mario TERRIBLE controls!

johnboy8281

WiiChat Member
Nov 23, 2006
I was so excited to play Super Mario on my Wii VC, until I actually played it. Is there ANY way the controls can be changed? I am not buying a classic controller, and this is ridiculous.

The GC controller is not recommended for this game! Serious blunder here Nintendo! It plays great with a VC controller.

Maybe not so much of a blunder. They made you want a classical controller didn't they? IMO it's a great way to boost sales. It may not be the most convenient for us, but hey, we live in a market driven economy.

I understand, but I bought 2 wavebirds today, and I'm not going to buy a classic controller. How could they be so stupid?

Ouch. Those are still pretty pricy aren't they? This Mario wasn't a REALLY long one, maybe the wavebirds will be enough until you can pick up a 3rd party classic controller.

True, but it's just the fact that I can't even really enjoy it. It was a waste of $8.

I'm glad I know this now, I was planning to buy this one. Now I think I'll wait a while. Does Zelda work well with the GC controller?

Haven't downloaded it. I would think most games would work fine, but Mario is just a complete and utter disaster.

Zelda works great with the GC controller. Super Mario World is the first VC game that plays awful on a GC controller.

I don't really understand how Nintendo are stupid because some of you refuse to buy the classic controller. They're not forcing you to buy it, they're saying it will maximise your gaming experience if you do so, by providing a better control system more suitable for retro games.

Dang, wish I had known this before. I played it for 5 minutes and put it down. Guaranteed I will never play it again.

I agree. Look at a GC controller, then look at the SNES controller. The reason a GC controller doesn't work is nice should be obvious.

You would think they would make it work depending on what kind of controller is hooked up, no?

You need a Classic Controller eventually anyway if your gonna want to play some of games later on. Stop being a cheap ass and go out and buy one. It's like what? 30 bucks? Come on.

Back