HOLY CRAP! Super Mario TERRIBLE controls!

No, the buttons are mapped exactly as they were for the SNES. Virtual console games are only changed enough to make them play at all on the Wii, they don't spend anymore time than that. With a classic controller, the buttons are in the correct locations for how the SNES controller was laid out. LoZ LttP works just fine on the GC controller because the actions don't ever require you to hit two buttons (run+jump in SMW for example)

You're right, it's not worth it. And to all of you saying "you should have bought a Classic Controller", they shouldn't have listed the GC controllers as compatible. It's literally impossible to play with and that is THEIR fault for listing it, not mine.

This is probably a warning that games like DKC, Mortal Kombat, KI may play better with a VC controller. I can't imagine KI 64 playing too well with a GC controller. VC controllers are only $20. They had a special deal earlier where you buy points and get a controller free. Not sure if that deal is still out there?

I agree this is unacceptable. So now if I want to play all types of games with 4 friends I could possibly need.

4 wii controllers
4 nunchucks
4 GC controllers
4 VC controllers

No it sounds like it really is your fault. Being compatible and being an efficient controller are two completely different things. You see, logically if a game comes from the VC I tend to think it is going to work best with a Classic Controller, maybe its just me, but if a game was designed for (S)NES controllers, a controller resembling the original one is probably going to work best. It is not Nintendo's fault you bough the most expensive controller they currently sell, and on top of that you bought two! :idea: I dunno about anyone else, but after just holding a GC controller, you can tell it isn't going to work for most VC, save for possibly N64.

why not just have 2 classics and 2 gamecube... so if ya want the comfort of snes gameplay, you got the classics, and you want playability relative to gc games, us the gc controller? thats what i plan on doing when the time is nessecary

ocdan said:
why not just have 2 classics and 2 gamecube... so if ya want the comfort of snes gameplay, you got the classics, and you want playability relative to gc games, us the gc controller? thats what i plan on doing when the time is nessecary

So if I want to play certain games 4 player, I have to buy 4 Wiimotes? That doesn't fly with me.

johnboy8281 said:
You're right, it's not worth it. And to all of you saying "you should have bought a Classic Controller", they shouldn't have listed the GC controllers as compatible. It's literally impossible to play with and that is THEIR fault for listing it, not mine.

And you're what is wrong with half of America, you can't handle that you're wrong and it's by default the company's fault.

It's not literally impossible to play the game. However, the controller is literally *compatible*. This doesn't mean it's the perfect way to play the game but if you're happy with it then by all means, use it. If not, Nintendo has provided an alternative. It should have been obvious to you that playing an SNES game on a GC controller wasn't going to be *optimal*. There is a difference there. The GC IS COMPATIBLE and so they're are correct in listing it as an option. However, the classic controller is simply a better fit for SNES games. You can't fault them for that.

johnboy8281 said:
So if I want to play certain games 4 player, I have to buy 4 Wiimotes? That doesn't fly with me.

I do agree with you in this regard. It's too bad the classic controller won't work without a wiimote.

mym6 said:
And you're what is wrong with half of America, you can't handle that you're wrong and it's by default the company's fault.

It's not literally impossible to play the game. However, the controller is literally *compatible*. This doesn't mean it's the perfect way to play the game but if you're happy with it then by all means, use it. If not, Nintendo has provided an alternative. It should have been obvious to you that playing an SNES game on a GC controller wasn't going to be *optimal*. There is a difference there. The GC IS COMPATIBLE and so they're are correct in listing it as an option. However, the classic controller is simply a better fit for SNES games. You can't fault them for that.

At the very least, they should have a clause stating you need to have fingers that bend in strange ways to play with the GC controller. If not, they shouldn't have it listed at all. Seeing the GC controller on the screen made me think they would have the controls revamped in a way that they would work well with the GC controller.

So if I want 4 players on any type of game, I need to buy...

3 additional remotes @ $40 ($120)
4 nunchucks @ $20 ($80)
4 classic controllers @ $20 ($80)
4 wired GC controllers @ $20 or wavebirds @ $30 ($80 to $120)

...for a total of $360 to $400 on controllers.

Gotta hand it to big N for mastering the art of Nickle and Diming.

So, in a comparative context, I could get 3 additional PS3 or 360 wireless controllers @ $50 ($150). Add the controller and console costs up and you get a total of $650 for the Wii vs. $750 for PS3 and $550 for the 360. So much for the price point argument.

i hate you guys
:mad2:

AND I dont like this argument:

Leche159TKE said:
Maybe not so much of a blunder. They made you want a classical controller didn't they? IMO it's a great way to boost sales. It may not be the most convenient for us, but hey, we live in a market driven economy.

so, when they come out with some kinda Halo online 4 player game (METROID PRIME 3) that gets its own new controller and I need 4 new Bad-Ass Lazer Fister 5000's to play by DEC, and they make me WANT it for $100 a piece, then thats cool with me.

when they have a new wii that plays the newer games better (graphics, modem speed) + DVDs and make me WANT that, then thats cool with me too. Remember how for 64, they made a next gen of games with better graphics? (Perfect Dark) you could still play like 5 levels on your old shitty system.

Such an upgradable system. So much room to nickel and dime for years to come.

Conan the Librarian said:
i hate you guys
:mad2:

AND I dont like this argument:

so, when they come out with some kinda Halo online 4 player game (METROID PRIME 3) that gets its own new controller and I need 4 new Bad-Ass Lazer Fister 5000's to play by DEC, and they make me WANT it for $100 a piece, then thats cool with me.

when they have a new wii that plays the newer games better (graphics, modem speed) + DVDs and make me WANT that, then thats cool with me too. Remember how for 64, they made a next gen of games with better graphics? (Perfect Dark) you could still play like 5 levels on your old shitty system.

Such an upgradable system. So much room to nickel and dime for years to come.
I hate you too.:cool:

If they release a game that requires a spefic controller, and I can't afford it, oh well I'll save up until I can.
It's not like video games are my entire life...... ehh maybe they are;)

Back