HOMBREW AND WII, can you imagine...

NeMeZyZ

Chapter .1
Aug 20, 2006
Miami Beach, fl
...if its possible to run emulators on wii (modders alwyas find a way) not only that, what about homebrew game that u can download off the net (wii browser) or maybe hombrew games created on the vc, when u come to think about it, its possible, another funny thing, i had a dream that i got the wii, but i don't remebr seeing the sensor bar..hm...:tard: anyways, i see alot of homebrew and hacks happening to the wii

I personally don't want to see any homebrew on it.
Usually homebrew and hacks just force the manufacturer to spend a lot of time making upgrades for the system to block the hackers access and then they don't have time to focus as much on the games.

really? never saw that with the xbox or ps2, well eventually it'll happen theres nothing we can do about it. theres awlays some nerd out there who can get a console and make it a transformer

NeMeZyZ said:
really? never saw that with the xbox or ps2, well eventually it'll happen theres nothing we can do about it. theres awlays some nerd out there who can get a console and make it a transformer

Well you obviously don't know what you are talking about then. The PS2 has 15 versions and on each new version they change something to make modding more difficult and same goes to the Xbox.

Well homebrew will be really neat for the Wii since there's a lot of potentials. I personally wanna see someone make a GameCube controller emulator where you use the Wii-mote to play GameCube games (use motion to replace the missing buttons).

NeMeZyZ.....u musnt have ever played Halo 2 online....that proves everything the updating the system to block hackers....cause u cant go more than 3 games without getting modded....so xbox in my opinion hasnt done much of a good job blocking hackers.....but i think Nintendo will....

p.s. it will be much easier for Nintendo to update their system too cause its always connected to the internet so u wont have to download it urself itll be there the next time you play :D

The only reason theres 15 versions of the PS2 and 8 (I think) versions of the xbox is to block people from using mod chips, Microsoft and Sony don't care that we run Homebrew, the only reason they protect their systems is because they don't want us playing backups of games because the main money made in console wars is not that console it's self but in the games.

Weebs said:
The only reason theres 15 versions of the PS2 and 8 (I think) versions of the xbox is to block people from using mod chips, Microsoft and Sony don't care that we run Homebrew, the only reason they protect their systems is because they don't want us playing backups of games because the main money made in console wars is not that console it's self but in the games.
Yet, PC gamers are forced, most of the time, to essentially copy the game from the disc to the hard drive. I love consoles and all, but why can't they be more like PCs in the way they play games (and I mean without the need to mod your console; it should be a standard feature)?

Back