Home

I not 100% but i think its due November. I just know that it is suppose to come out this year. I hope its does as im really looking forward to using HOME.

Home should be pretty secure. They threatened life time bans to anyone who stalks/harasses other players. Hopefully spammers, which are popular in any free online service, even games like WoW will find their systems bricked out after pestering people to buy gold on Home. Take that gold farmers!

sagema said:
Home should be pretty secure. They threatened life time bans to anyone who stalks/harasses other players. Hopefully spammers, which are popular in any free online service, even games like WoW will find their systems bricked out after pestering people to buy gold on Home. Take that gold farmers!
lol yea i hated that ****. i see what your saying, and its a good idea to ban harassment, but lifetime is a little tough. sony will come up with a proper system, im sure thats what the wait is all about.

^Ill be suprised if it comes out that early, i cant see it coming october 11th, thats only a few weeks. What iv heard on game podcasts the version we are gonna get at the start is gonna be very stripped down. There talk the trophy room wont even be ready and such. The talk is they are a fair bit behind on HOME.

What a suprise its not coming october.

TGS 07: PlayStation Home delayed until next year
Disappointing.

Sony Computer Entertainment's president Kaz Hirai has revealed during Sony's keynote speech at the Tokyo Game Show that Home has unfortunately been delayed until Spring 2008 in America, this means Autumn for those of us in Australia.

Home is such an ambitious project it's no surprise it has been delayed. Apparently Sony wants to "truly meet the needs and feedback of the users" before they are ready to release the title.
http://palgn.com.au/article.php?id=8883

It has been delayed to 2008 from what I have read from the TGS.

Not reeeeally delayed, a release date was never really announced... they probably don't want to release it and add loads of stuff, when they release it in Spring 2008 it'll have most of the things without needing to constantly update it.. I hope..

Maybe not...

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6179318.html

Talking about Home, the executive said as far as he was concerned, the release delay meant nothing had changed. He said, "We will still be opening in late November/Early December for general beta testing. So, the commercial start of Home will be pushed out later, but you will still get the experience this year."

Last edited:
If it's open beta, then anyone owning a PS3 would have access. They weren't exact on the details. Phil said at TGS November early December, with Dual Shock 3 coming out spring next year in the US.

open beta would be nice!!! I only have one controler still too... I was hopeing that the dual shock would be announced soon... and I was very happy when it showed up at TGS. I wished that we could get it by the holidays thought!!!

yeah the delay is horrible news. but i guess they have to do what they gotta do. don't want to put out something that isn't really good to go.

Back